Product Manager at Non-profit Technology firm serving Govt clients

Home Forums Job Openings Product Manager at Non-profit Technology firm serving Govt clients

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jeremiah Holder 7 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Nicole Tecco Reece
    Participant

Case Commons’ mission is to transform public sector human services through technology. Case Commons
    enables workers serving the most vulnerable families and children to be more
    effective and efficient via new software tools. Casebook™, Case Commons’
    marquee technology, is a collaborative, family-centered case management system that
    leverages the capabilities inherent in social networking technology for the
    public sector child welfare segment. A growing number of policymakers believe that
    Casebook™ can be a citizen portal for government services, including health,
    education and human services. Case Commons is funded by the $2.5 billion Annie
    E. Casey Foundation, which has spent 20 years pursuing human services system
    reform; since 2007 AECF has been building Casebook in partnership with Tipping
    Point Partners.

Position: Product Manager

REQUIREMENTS:

• Strong desire and skills to succeed in a startup: tenacious, self-directed, flexible, strategic but can turn on a dime, able to inspire
      others and to be inspired
    • Willingness to go the extra mile to make things happen; ability to travel 50% of time
    • 2 to 5 years experience in technical product development or management
    • Preferred experience in government or enterprise technology projects
    • Experience in project management with large projects with multiple streams, complex dependencies and complicated stakeholder
      ecosystems
    • Strong inter-personal and team skills, with active listening abilities and instincts
    • Strong verbal and written communications skills, particularly ability to translate complex technical ideas into writing
      accessible by non-technical readers
    • Exceptional analytical, visual, writing, and caring skills
    • Common sense, limitless curiosity, terrific taste, and an appreciation for the absurd
    • Nice to have: technical or scientific background; multiple languages;
      multicultural immersion experiences; actively engaged in social web

DESCRIPTION:

• Title: Product Manager, reporting to Head of Product Development
    • Ecosystem: users, administration, domain experts, designers and software engineers from prototype through deployment
    • Manage software development and customization, using Case Commons’ agile process
    • Responsible for project management: design, scope, budget and quality
    • Manage product plan and roadmap
    • Produce and edit materials for user design meetings, story breakdown meetings, user tests, community management, and product
      marketing
    • Translate field observations into detailed software development “stories”
    • Demonstrate and explain existing product functionality to user community
    • Design and conduct user testing
    • Collaborate with and provide support to training team

About Tipping Point Partners. Tipping Point Partners has worked on Casebook since 2007, leading product development and business functions. Tipping Point builds and renovates
    Internet-based startups using innovative approaches to solving business model
    challenges. We look for opportunities to create new businesses that have
    significant social and/or cultural importance in markets that are ripe for
    disruption, both for-profit and not.
    Since 2005, Tipping Point Partners’ unique approach to startups has
    included co-founding, interim management, strategic deal making, financing,
    investing and strategy, generally all at the same time. Our portfolio has
    included IGA Worldwide, FashionGPS, Mobile Commons, Cookstr, Rapid Ratings and
    many others. We achieve the highest and best use for our companies with an
    agnostic approach to capital sources and huge doses of sweat equity to
    accelerate development, extend runway and amplify opportunities.

INTERESTED?

Send resume, biography, and link(s) to writing samples to [email protected]

Jeremiah Holder
    Participant

Hello Nicole,

While I possess many of the attributes and talents required for such a position as Product Manager, I do not yet have the professional experience described. I am currently a student in a Master’s program for IT Project Management, but have a breadth of experience from Air Force member, to GS employee for the Army, to product development lead for a small start-up, to programmer for a aerospace corporate giant.

My passion is innovation and entrepreneurial idea sharing. I also am very excited to stumble upon this govloop.com site as it sponsors a desperately needed paradigm shift in the government service sector. I see that the Casebook application also is making a huge step forward in maximizing the use of social media and information sharing to better serve the community.

What, if anything, can one do to move into this sector, and are you familiar with a good avenue/approach to accomplish this?

Best regards,

Jeremiah Holder

Nicole Tecco Reece
    Participant

Hey Jeremiah,
    I’d be happy to chat with you about making the transition. Feel free to contact me offline.

Nicole

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.