March 22, 2012 at 2:40 pm #156807
Professional Services | Washington, DC, United States
The Professional Services Engineer is a core member of the Professional Services Organization. The Professional Services team is tasked with the configuration and deployment of Infoblox appliances and solutions and may include up to 70% or more travel within region. The Engineer’s role focuses on the following primary objectives:
- Successful configuration of the Infoblox solution to meet the specific business requirements for an individual customer including data migration from existing solutions.
- Design and architecting solutions that meet the specific customer needs.
To be successful in this role, the Engineer must be a team player as well as an individual contributor. Whether working independently or as part of a team, individuals in this role must be able to successfully complete deliverables and meet or beat expectations within designated timeframes, as defined by a project plan. Successful candidates will have a strong foundation of excellent technical skills enhanced by a clear devotion to serving and satisfying customers.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
The Engineer is responsible for developing an advanced understanding of the general business requirements supported by the Infoblox solution. Successful configuration of the Infoblox system to meet client needs also calls for an ability to quickly grasp client-specific current solutions for DNS and DHCP.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Migrating data from the customer’s current systems and the Infoblox solution, as needed.
- Identifying and documenting the critical success factors for projects
- Documenting key project stakeholders.
- Developing data mapping and transformation methods using Perl and other UNIX tools.
- Develop comprehensive implementation plans designed to migrate customers from their current architecture to their new Infoblox architecture.
- Performing pre-migration testing and implementation process validation.
In this capacity, the Engineer is expected to be flexible to work with different data sources/destinations, requirements, tools, etc.
Core Competencies/Skills & Knowledge:
- 3+ years experience deploying/managing DOD/IC DNS/DHCP/Network environments.
- Deep knowledge of DNS and DHCP protocols
- Prior military service preferred.
- 4 Year degree or equivalent work experience at the companies’ determination.
- Experience and understanding DNS and DHCP implementation on UNIX
- Thorough knowledge of writing and using Perl
- Strong communication skills, including both oral and written communication.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal groups (Professional Services, Engineering, Sales) as well as with customers.
- Proven experience to work as part of a team of Engineers and to deliver one or several projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter and able to work independently, while also able to share responsibilities, ideas and other information.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.