Program Analysts (GS-5-9) DHS Washington, DC

Home Forums Job Openings Program Analysts (GS-5-9) DHS Washington, DC

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Crystal 8 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Douglas Ellice
    Participant

Please express interest as described in document.

Crystal
    Participant

Douglas Ellice
    Participant

I’ll print your resume and run it past some of the screeners. e-mail follows. Doug

Dear Mr. Ellis;

I am writing regarding the FCIP opportunity. I recently received my MPA, although I have several years of sales and consulting experience and have served as a Research Assistant in Education Policy and Grants Evaluation. Additionally, I have worked in Government Affairs at the state level. I am technically proficient on both Windows and MAC OSX platforms and I am experienced with SPSS.
    I have attached my resume for your review. I would appreciate any feedback you could provide.

Regards,

Jonathan

Douglas Ellice
    Participant

You should follow the instructions in the FCIP Brochure pdf brochure I posted. Good luck!
    Doug

mpagrad2008
    Participant

Douglas Ellice
    Participant

Sure, though we cannot, I believe, help with the moving co$t$.
    I do tend to suspect that applicants from far away who are applying for vacancies elsewhere, too, are a little less focused on our vacancy than is a person who, resident here or not, is applying only in DC. This is not a matter of considering the applicant casting the wider net less qualified, just perhaps less deserving of my time and attention given the imagined slighter prospect that they’ll end up with us.
    Doug
    ps. My long-term plan? Retire to Portland, OR ! Love your city….

mpagrad2008
    Participant

Portland is a great city. I’ve met so many people over the last few months who have moved here from far and wide. I guess the secret is out. Unfortunately, the employment outlook is bleak out here right now. However, things will get better and Portland will go back to being the complete package as far as great cities are concerned.

Nicole Jordan
    Participant

Thanks for the information.

Pamela Selle
    Participant

Doug,

Thanks for posting this on here – I see you already have some very qualified people looking, so congratulations! Just checking to see if this opportunity is still open or in the review period, to the best of your knowledge.

Pam

Douglas Ellice
    Participant

Still open, but suggest prompt action….

Doug

Pamela Selle
    Participant

Much appreciated! Sending in the application now.

Bruce Bixby
    Participant

Hello Douglas,

I am a Disability Program Manager and have a network of very well qualified folks that I cannot always find an open billet for. Is this position still available? Many of my folks have come from recruitment events I have traveled to recently or they have just finished an internship or special program. Many may also have Schedule A, non-competative eligibility.

I have attached a resume for your consideration.

I look forward to your response.

Douglas Ellice
    Participant

We’ve stopped interviewing in this program for the time being, having found three good candidates. We’ll re-open this channel again in a few months.

Leon
    Participant

Are there still positions available in the Federal Career Intern Program?

Douglas Ellice
    Participant

Not in my office at the moment. Doug

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.