June 7, 2011 at 3:39 pm #132237
Job Title: Program Operations Specialist (Intelligence), GS-0301-13
Department: Department Of Homeland Security
Agency: Federal Emergency Management Agency
Job Announcement Number: MG10-T0033LNG-355052DE/MP
SALARY RANGE: $89,033.00 - $115,742.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 to Tuesday, June 14, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0301-13
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy - Washington DC Metro Area, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: US Citizens and Status Candidates
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce.
FEMA offers developmental opportunities, competitive compensation, and networking opportunities.
This position is responsible to support FEMA's overall expanded mission to support and enhance the agency's capability as it relates to terrorism, and has an impact upon the emergency management community involved in supporting the efforts of planning, managing and coordinating the capabilities necessary to support emergency and disaster response operations, exercises and special events.
This position opportunity is also being advertised at the GS-11/12 grade levels. Please see vacancy announcement numbers MG10-T0033LNG-355144DE/MP for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: FEMA employees are subject to 24 hour on-call in the event of any emergency. This service may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites that require functioning under intense physical and mental stress.
* Relocation expenses will not be authorized.
* You must be a U.S. citizen to be considered for this position.
* You may be required to serve a probationary period of 1 year.
* Background and/or Security Investigation required.
* Occassional travel and rotational shift work are required.
* May be subject to 24 hour on call duty in the event of an emergency.
Organization: Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Response Directorate, Operations Division, Response Coordination Branch
Primary Purpose: In THIS POSITION, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE TO provide recommendations for policies, procedures and strategies related to intelligence information-sharing operations.
* Conducts research and analysis on issues relating to the intelligence community and law enforcement communities, and creates daily reports on threats from intelligence and law enforcement communities to support emergency and disaster response operations nationwide.
* Represents FEMA with professionals from Federal, State and local governments, and other national and community organizations.
* Participates in development, planning, coordination, and integration of programs impacting emergency and disaster operations into the policies, plans, and programs and procedures for implementation.
* Coordinates, collects, and produces intelligence support. Evaluates, analyzes, and assesses the validity and reliability of collected data, integrates multiple contributions of intelligence data to produce forecasts, overall capabilities, and assessments, estimates what the characteristics of a specific situation may be and predicts its effects upon future events, including intelligence operations.
* Provides recommendations for the strategic and operational input to compliment the operational and tactical intelligence capabilities in support of emergency and disaster response operations, exercises, and special events; and facilitates access to, and flow of, national intelligence information.
* Prepares draft conceptual plans for all operational capabilities in support of an effective overall national all-hazards response.
* Performs a liaison function to enhance communication and coordination between FEMA and the intelligence community.
* Initiates, establishes, and maintains effective working relationships, both within and outside of the Agency, including members of the intelligence and law enforcement communities, the Department of homeland Security, and other government agencies.
* Participates with partners to prepare, plan and mitigate risks before disaster strikes, and leverages those opportunities to reduce risk and the actual loss of life and property.
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=88557780&JobTitle=Program+Operations+Specialist+%28Intellignece%29%2c+GS-0301-13&x=81&y=13&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&tm=0&pg=5&re=3&AVSDM=2011-06-07+00%3a03%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.