March 26, 2010 at 6:54 pm #96011
At Citizant, we don’t sit back and wait for things to happen – we make them happen. We thrive on challenge and we produce results. We are passionate about what we do and we take government performance personally. At Citizant, we expect nothing less than success and we are aggressively moving forward to provide a better future for our associates and fellow citizens.
If you want a dull predictable static environment, you will not find it here. Our pace of change is accelerating to meet the demands of rapid growth. Business development plays a key role in fueling this growth.
We have mature processes and infrastructure, but we are not afraid of change. Your ideas will be respected and listened to – if you like visibility, you’ll get it. In this role, you’ll know what the company leadership is thinking and where the company is going, and you’ll play a role in planning and making it happen. We want your ideas on how we can improve the proposal process and continually enhance our chances of winning. Creativity, together with an unwavering desire for excellence in the way we think and work, is fundamental to our success.
Citizant is one of the Washington region’s fastest growing providers of business and technical solutions to civilian and military agencies within the federal government. We specialize in Enterprise Architecture (EA), Data Management, Application Development, Information
Assurance (IA), and Strategic Advisory Services. We help our customers successfully manage large, complex projects and programs. We cherish our reputation as hardworking, honest, and smart.
We invest heavily in systems and processes to achieve success now and in the future. We have a remarkably mature infrastructure that is reflected in our ISO 9001:2008 certification and SEI CMMI Maturity Level 3 appraisal. This process focus—combined with our commitment to rigorous project management discipline—helps ensure that we consistently deliver high-value solutions on time, on target, and on budget.
As Proposal Manager, you will lead the entire proposal development process. You will report directly to the Senior Business Development (BD) Executive and be responsible for planning, managing, and
executing proposals for federal government contracts, including government-wide
and agency-wide multiple award programs. Specifically, you will:
- Actively participate in all solution, proposal development and post submission activities
- Analyze RFPs to support bid decisions, produce requirements matrices and outlines, and identify questions
- Develop and maintain proposal plan, including schedule, proposal outline, assignments, and requirements compliance matrices
- Facilitate assessment of team strengths/weaknesses/discriminators and development of proposal win strategies, themes, and supporting graphics
- Lead development of overall proposal architecture, and assist writers and section leads in developing storyboards prior to writing
- Manage proposal teams by conducting kick off meetings, providing direction, maintaining action lists, enforcing deadlines, conducting in-process status meetings, planning for all color reviews, documenting anddistributing review feedback, working with volume leads to ensure consistency across proposal volumes, and preparing for oral proposals
- Manage in-house proposal coordination/production staff as well as contracted external resources
- Train proposal participants including executives, technical experts, and other contributors in Citizant processes and procedures
- Oversee and contribute as required to document production, editing, final review, production, and submission activities to ensure that all final documents are complete, compliant, well organized, professionally presented, and delivered to the requesting agency on time
- Prepare for and participate in post-award hot wash meetings and de-briefs, and document lessons learned
- Continuously identify and introduce improvements to make the proposal process more effective and efficient
- Utilize PRIVIA and SharePoint systems for proposal team information sharing as appropriate, and maintain content for proposal retention and potential reuse
Qualifications of the Proposal Manager:
- BA in Business or BS in Engineering or related field
- A minimum 5 years experience in proposal management or extensive support of proposal development efforts
- Comprehensive knowledge of proposal development lifecycle, federal government procurement process, capture planning, facilitation of theme development, and proposal generation
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead cross-functional and virtual proposal/project teams which include external team companies
- Excellent communication, editorial, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Acrobat software applications
- Selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Previous experience with Shipley or equivalent BD/capture/proposal management lifecycle methodology
- Former experience with Justice or Homeland Security arena is a plus
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- You will be surrounded by people committed to excellence in all that they do. We collaborate and we believe in productive conflict, so if you have good ideas, you will be listened to. If you make the most logical argument, you will get the resources – it’s all based on merit. We are committed to reinvesting profits in future growth – we invest today to ensure a better tomorrow.
- It’s a collaborative environment. The proposal team works well together. As challenges arise, you will have colleagues with deep expertise and discipline to contribute on schedule to rely on.
- You’ll be proud of the work you do and the company you represent.
- You will get the recognition you deserve for your accomplishments.
- You’ll have easy access to the President, CEO, and leadership team and an opportunity to be visible. This job has a great future.
- We support the whole person. We know this is not a 40-hour-a-week job, so we’re there for you to make sure your whole life works as well for you as you do on the job. It’s personal here.
- Constant challenge. You will never be bored.
Citizant strives to be an employer of choice in the Washington metropolitan area. Citizant associates accept challenging and rewarding work and in return receive excellent compensation and benefits, as well as the opportunity for personal and professional development. Citizant
offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including 20 days off in your first year (timebank, including sick days), all federal holidays, a community service day, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, paid professional training and development, and much more. Citizant is an equal-opportunity employer.
Send your resumes to [email protected]
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.