Public Service Recognition Week – May 3-9, 2015

Home Forums Human Resources Public Service Recognition Week – May 3-9, 2015

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Terrence Hill 3 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Terrence Hill
    Participant

This year’s Public Service Recognition Week will take place May 3-9, 2015.

What is your organization doing to celebrate public service this year?

If you need an idea, you might want to sponsor a team for the 3rd Annual Public Service 5K Run/Walk on Sunday, May 10th at Anacostia Park. This is a great team-bulding event that not only supports fitness, but supports an organization that supports Feds – FEEA. I’ll see you there!

There will also be a webcast Town Hall meeting that I recommend everyone attend.

Terrence Hill
    Participant

By the way, this year’s 2015 Public Service Town Hall will be on Thursday, May 7, 2015. Register in person or for the online streaming at http://pps.convio.net/site/Calendar?id=105664&view=Detail.

Terrence Hill
      Participant

I was disappointed to find out that the Partnership for Public Service cancelled this year’s Town Hall Meeting. Bummer!
      However, the Public Service 5K Run/Walk on Sunday, May 10th is still on!

There are other ways to get involved. Attend, Connect, Share

Throughout the country, mayors, governors, agency leaders, communities and public service organizations participate in PSRW by issuing proclamations; hosting award ceremonies and special tribute events. Events in Washington, D.C. will include the third annual Public Service 5K run/walk, a government appreciation day at the Washington Nationals and a luncheon to announce finalists for the 2015 Samuel J. Heyman Service to America Medals.

Faces of Government: Help us share positive stories of how government works by contributing profiles about government employees and their work and accomplishments.

Public Service White Board: Join our white board photo campaign on Facebook and Instagram to proclaim “I ♥ public servants because…” or “I’m proud to serve because….”.

PSRW Thunderclap: Sign up for the PSRW 2015 Thunderclap campaign where a few hundred supporters can spread a message of thanks to millions of social media followers.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and join the conversation using #PSRW.

Terrence Hill
    Participant

One more thing – The Washington Nationals Government Employee Appreciation Day is Monday, May 4, 2015. Get your discount tickets at http://pps.convio.net/site/Survey?ACTION_REQUIRED=URI_ACTION_USER_REQUESTS&SURVEY_ID=8065.

Terrence Hill
    Participant

Public Sector 5K Run/Walk – Sunday, May 10, 2015 at Anacostia Park.

I hope to see GovLoopers at this walk/run, that benefits FEEA. A great organization.

Get all the details at the Public Sector 5K website.

Public Sector 5K

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  Terrence Hill.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.