May 23, 2011 at 9:51 pm #131033
The Quality Assurance Engineer contributes to the overall quality of multiple software platforms in support of an Agile monthly release schedule and has responsibilities related to the entire testing lifecycle, including hands-on testing, defect analysis, status reporting, and generating metrics. Experience with automated testing and scripting languages are highly desirable.
GovDelivery releases new features and functionality every month and the QA team is on the cutting edge of everything we do. In this role you and your team have the opportunity to become key product experts and drive how features are implemented.
- Understand business requirements and work to turn those requirements into test cases
- Evaluate and test software, including test case design and execution of smoke, functional, regression, and automated tests for user stories, bug fixes, and enhancements within Iterations
- Provide timely, accurate testing results
- Work proactively with Development Team to resolve software issues
- Facilitate communication between teams
- Create, innovate and implement improvements to current processes
- Perform workflow analysis and recommend quality improvements
- Mentor less experienced staff by providing technical guidance and leadership
- Support and promote GovDelivery corporate policies, procedures, goals, and objectives
- Build and maintain excellent team, peer, and customer relationships
- 5+ years of software testing experience, 2-3 years working in a rapid application development (RAD) environment
- 3+ years experience in a web-based testing environment
- Knowledge of SQL and Oracle databases
- Comfort working at the *nix command line
- Experience with automated testing and developing automated test scripts (Selenium)
- Experience in exploratory testing techniques and risk-based testing
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills; capable of breaking down complex situations to identify and resolve root causes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience in software development/testing
- Agile software development process (XP)
- Browser compatibility testing, i.e. multiple versions of IE, Mac OS, and Firefox
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) environment testing web services
This position is critical to the success of our business and the compensation package will be tailored to the candidate commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental plan, and matching 401(k).
To apply for this position, send your resume to:
Location: Saint Paul, MN
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.