June 6, 2013 at 12:53 am #178999
The Lead Quality Assurance Analyst contributes to the overall quality of multiple software platforms and has responsibilities related to the entire testing lifecycle, including hands-on testing, defect analysis, status reporting and generating metrics.
GovDelivery releases new features and functionality frequently and the QA team is on the cutting edge of everything we do. In this role you and your team have the opportunity to become key product experts and drive how features are implemented.
- Lead team of QA Analysts in developing and executing manual test cases for new product enhancements
- Identify areas of risk and mitigate those areas to ensure there are no regressions
- Ensure quality criteria are met for all types of test coverage before release
- Develop a solid understanding of our platforms from a technical perspective to help properly identify the source of potential issues as they arise
- Work closely with the Product Management and Development teams to understand business requirements and work as a member of the QA team to turn those requirements into test scenarios
- Contribute to our automated test suite by providing test cases to automate and integrating the automated regression test suite into the overall regression test process
- Applicant must have excellent problem solving skills and be capable of breaking down complex situations to discover and resolve root causes. This applies to both technical and process issues
- Pursue exceptional attainment on performance metrics
- 5+ years of software testing experience in a professional software development environment
- 3+ years experience in a web based testing environment
- Knowledge of SQL and Oracle databases
- Experience in exploratory testing techniques and risk-based testing
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field, or software test related experience/knowledge
- Agile software development process (XP)
- Browser compatibility testing
- Testing web services
- SaaS environment
The compensation package will be tailored to the candidate commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental plan, and matching 401(k). GovDelivery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.<
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.