Reasons for Leaving or Staying In a Job

Home Forums Human Resources Reasons for Leaving or Staying In a Job

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Ami Wazlawik 7 years ago.

• Author

What are the reasons for you to decide to leave or to stay with your current organization? What are organizational and cultural factors you are looking for from a potential employer? What will be the most crucial motivational factor for you?

Ami Wazlawik
    Participant

I’m fairly new to the working world, having recently completed graduate education (and done my share of admin/intern work). I’m currently seeking employment as my gig here at GovLoop is up soon, so this post comes at a great time.

Thus far in my job search, I’ve been looking for a few things, though they’re not all easily assessed without actually working at an organization. I want to work for an organization where open, honest communication (and feedback) are not only welcomed, but practiced on a regular basis. I dislike the “gossip” that happens at many workplaces, regardless of the fact that it may be helpful/more advisable than talking to someone directly. It undermines relationships and can make trusting others (coworkers, etc) an issue.

I’m also looking for some sort of social/fun activities for employees, not necessarily planned by the organization, but not discouraged either. These activities can spark interaction between folks who may not work together on a regular basis, facilitate relationship-building between coworkers, and help keep morale high.

I’m sure my list will grow and change as I gain more experience applying and interviewing for jobs, and actively participating in the workforce..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.