June 22, 2011 at 7:56 pm #133662
The GovDelivery State and Local Sales Team is a dynamic, results driven group charged with driving new revenue in a young and energized Cloud Vertical. Ours is a Team that highly values individual initiative as well as close team work. What we do makes a difference. Our products and services improve the efficiency of government and the quality of people’s lives.
The Regional Account Executive for State and Local Government generates subscription sales for our SaaS platform and suite of related services in an assigned territory. State and Local Government includes all government functions, including education and transit, for city, county, and state agencies. This opening is for the Southeast US territory.
Join us to make a difference for the company and, most importantly, for our customers.
Location: Southeast Region of the US (Virtual Office)
- Build a territory plan to generate, develop, and close sales opportunities with a focus on larger, strategic, State and Local Government Agencies, including enterprise deals
- Understand complex customer requirements for digital communications with the public, including operational, business, and technical categories
- Develop and independently deliver custom presentations on GovDelivery to revolutionize the prospect’s engagement with the public
- Develop effective strategies for winning in a competitive environment.
- Manage internal resources, including sales support, marketing, and solutions consultants to develop a compelling case to prospects
- Meet and exceed quarterly sales targets
- Manage all aspects sales in your territory including; prospecting, activity tracking, opportunity management, forecasting revenue, contract management and closing deals
- Pursue leads generated by yourself and our inbound and outbound marketing efforts
- Support management team in developing sales strategy
- Document all conversations, activities, and emails in our SalesForce CRM
- Write and present quarterly business reviews to Sales Management, Senior Management, and peers
- Confident, competitive, thorough, flexible, and tenacious
- Proven track record selling $100K+ deals and exceeding significant dollar quotas
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated
- Successfully work independently and in a collaborative team
- Excitement for managing multiple simultaneous priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Independently accountable for commitments and delivering the best performance by intelligent prioritization
- Proven prospecting ability and passion – breaking into new accounts frequently
- 5+ years field sales experience in IT, information services, or business services sold on a subscription model
- 50% travel
- Passion for public sector success
- Client focus – desire and ability to understand the drivers of client needs
- Significantly accomplished selling enterprise software, ERP, or SaaS
- Success selling to state and local government entities
- Impressive track record of C-level sales activity
- Demonstrated effectiveness selling through partners, resellers,and/or integrators
This position is critical to the success of our business and the compensation package will be tailored to the candidate commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental plan, and matching 401(k).
To apply for this position, send your resume to:
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.