April 7, 2010 at 8:57 pm #97128
Patty De Anda GatesParticipant
LAC is seeking a Research Analyst to work under an existing contract at USAID’s Knowledge
in Washington, DC. Our ideal candidate will be an Analyst
with a background in the area of international development, either through work
with a development organization or through an advanced degree program. Must be
a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain Secret Level Clearance.
- Conducting both traditional and online research, using online, USAID and external resources.
- Preparing information responses that synthesize information for requestors in the form of annotated bibliographies and
short descriptive papers.
- Contributing to the reports and other research products as part of the research team, in support of Senior and Mid-Level
- Supporting the research team through maintaining a research log, and training new staff on standard formatting for KSC
- Duties may also include providing content for blogs, Intranet pages, on-line toolkits and other sources, in conjunction with
Senior and Mid-Level analysts.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen in order to be considered.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Level Clearance.
- A Masters degree in international development or related field.
- 2 years office or administrative experience.
- 1 year of work experience (through internships or employment) in one of the development sectors in which USAID operates, or
with an international development organization.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct online and traditional research (coursework may be evidence of this experience).
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work independently and to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others to achieve project goals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (including Excel).
- Ability to present information in graphs and charts a plus.
- Familiarity with Access a plus.
- Foreign language proficiency a plus.
In order to be considered, please apply via this link: http://bit.ly/ResearchAnalystUSAID
Library Associates Companies (LAC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.