July 10, 2013 at 8:49 pm #179424
The Revenue Accountant is responsible for ensuring accuracy and completeness of financial information within Revenue Recognition, Accounts Receivable and Commission. Additionally, the Revenue Accountant is responsible for ensuring AR turnover ratios are within tolerance.
Strong candidates will be self motivated, taking initiative and determining when it is necessary to reach out for assistance. The Revenue Accountant must be able to grow with the business, assuming greater responsibility and future challenging opportunities. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, a talent for building relationships and a strong work ethic. This position reports to the Controller.
- Review contracts and orders to determine appropriate revenue accounting treatment ensuring compliance with GAAP and any other authoritative pronouncements (namely but not limited to SOP 97-2, SOP 81-1, SAB 101).
- Responsible for revenue related information in Salesforce.com
- Maintain and update deferred and accrued revenue schedules in accordance with policy and audit standards
- Manage and complete the monthly close for Revenue including the preparation of journal entries, preparing necessary accruals and completing related account reconciliations
- Analyze revenue accounts to ensure proper classification and reporting
- Prepare and maintain revenue reporting as required externally and internally, including the Revenue Analysis and Sales Projection reports monthly
- Generate invoices to all clients
- Manage Accounts Receivable balances to ensure proper turnover ratios through performing collection procedures as required in the company escalation process
- Manage monthly close processes including analysis of client balances, reporting, and completing related account reconciliations
- Prepare monthly Client P&L statements
- Calculate all commission payments for the sales team
- Distribute all statements to individual sales team members
- Provide commissions payable for each payroll period to the General Accountant while ensuring confidentiality of payroll records
- Assist with the yearly audit and other audits as required for areas of responsibility
- Develop, document and maintain proper policy, procedures and internal control standards
- Prepare various analytical reports and financial statements for management purposes
- Complete special projects as assigned
- 4 year degree in accounting or equivalent business experience
- 5+ years experience in general accounting with 2+ years focus in Revenue Recognition
- Strong understanding of period-end processes and account reconciliations
- Good systems skills/accounting software package proficiency
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and SalesForce
- Sarbanes Oxley experience, a plus but not required
- Detail oriented team player with strong self direction
- Strong customer service skills
- Great analytical and problems solving skills
- Excellent communications, present and write in a clear and effective manner
- Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure during critical times with multiple or changing priorities
The compensation package will be tailored to the candidate commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental plan, and matching 401(k). GovDelivery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.