August 10, 2011 at 8:14 pm #138085
The Support Engineer is a detective whose knowledge in relational databases, UNIX scripting, web application administration and general knowledge of Internet communication protocols provides a valuable insight for solving problems. This position provides a bridge between Customer support, technical operations, client implementation and product development.
The Technical Support group is responsible for operating all of GovDelivery’s production SaaS software, including incident management, release management, defect reporting and providing escalation support for Tier-II support staff. The Technical Support group works together with others in the Customer Support Department in maintaining a “Customer Focused” environment, partnering with our Customers to achieve the highest Customer lifetime value and satisfaction.
Well positioned as a leader in Government to Citizen communications, we have a large, established client base and a strong Customer-oriented culture. We continue to build an organization of smart, aggressive and awesome people committed to our mission and focused on our Customers. Energy, attitude, integrity and reliability are required for success in our results-oriented company. If you are highly motivated, endlessly curious, always skeptical, driven to excellence and need to see data to support an opinion (including your own!) we’d love to hear from you!
- Third-level technical support for GovDelivery production software
- Detailed bug and enhancement requests to the Development Team
- Debug application issues in production
- Create custom reports and SQL to fulfill customer requests
- Rotating on-call application support
- Meet all Customer support Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Technical degree in Computer Science or related field (2 yrs) or equivalent experience
- Enterprise SaaS or web-hosted software
- Technical understanding of computer software and software development concepts
- Enthusiastic approach to problem-solving
- Balance of decisiveness and flexibility
- Strong communication skills
- UNIX command line, and scripting languages in UNIX
- Oracle or SQL
- Advanced HTML methods
- Email technologies on the server and client side
- Ticketing systems such as SalesForce or a bug tracking system
This position is critical to the success of our business and the compensation package will be tailored to the candidate commensurate with candidate's experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental plan, and matching 401(k).
To apply for this position, send your resume to:
Location: Saint Paul, MN
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.