Seeking good questions to ask applicants for a web design/social media position

Home Forums Human Resources Seeking good questions to ask applicants for a web design/social media position

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Steve Ressler 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Steve Springer
    Participant

I am getting ready to post a vacancy for a person to update/create web pages and provide technical leadership in the area of social media. But I need some good questions to use on Quickhire to help assess potential candidates. Most of the ones I’ve seen use the standard answer stems (I have no training, I have a year of experience, etc). Those are easy to scam, so I want answer stems (and questions) that really probe applicants knowledge/experience.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

I’d ask questions such as:
    -Describe your experience using social media in a professional setting. More of an essay.
    -You can ask questions about their social media activity? Do you have a personal blog? Have you ever run an organization’s social media presence? Blogs? Twitter? FB? etc?
    -Could also ask about specific tools? What would you use to maintain multiple social media presences? Track for records management?
    -How do you measure social media ROI?

Steve Springer
    Participant

Thanks, that gives me some ideas that I can convert into some multiple choice questions (as well as open ended questions).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.