Seeking Opinions About Space!!!

Home Forums Miscellaneous Seeking Opinions About Space!!!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Al Fullbright 8 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Emi Whittle
    Participant

As a lifelong space-nut, I can’t understand why more people aren’t enthusiastic about NASA and space exploration! So, here’s the question(s):

What would get YOU excited about space/NASA?

What do you think would get the general public at large excited about space/NASA?

Thanks for your time!!

Al Fullbright
    Participant

Well, its so far away. Maybe some virtual reality on the hollodeck would help.

Al Fullbright
    Participant

I have always wondered why we never put a viable colony on the moon. I would think some of these mining companies would be interested. Solar and nuclear power could provide energy up there and it appears that there are dramatic mineral deposits there. What would be the downside to such a colony? I would think the whole world would want to be involved. At the rate we are destroying earth, we had better learn how to survive in any environment.

Kelvin Martinez
    Participant

1. Resume manned expeditions -let’s go to the moon again, then Mars and beyond
    2. Find life on other planets
    3. Make space more accessible to people (see Virgin Galactic for this)

Emi Whittle
    Participant

Thanks for responding! I am wondering if there was anything about the political climate or cultural climate, inspired by “the media” that helped get people so hyped up about space in the late 60s….

Emi Whittle
    Participant

Thanks for the response! Yep, I think that your first statement is really true…. and agree too that NASA doesn’t do a very good job of promoting itself… and I’m not sure why…. That’s true about the pictures, too…. Hmmm… Good points that you make!

Emi Whittle
    Participant

That’s kinda what I was thinking…. and we don’t really have anything close to that type of competitive feeling now… do we?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.