March 16, 2010 at 6:56 pm #95334
RESEARCH MANAGEMENT OPPORTUNITY
FEDERALISM AND EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT
The Congressional Research Service (CRS) is looking for an individual with the creativity and intellectual capacity to orchestrate research and analysis related to federalism and emergency management; who is comfortable working in and instilling an atmosphere of collaboration and multidisciplinary analysis; and who wants to contribute to a new direction in research management for the lead public policy support agency for the United States Congress.
The Research Manager will be responsible for leading a group of 10 to 12 policy analysts focused on specific issue areas including intergovernmental relations, economic development, grants, and all-disaster planning and funding.
- Ensuring that the work results in objective, authoritative analysis with which the Congress can assess the consequences of legislative/policy options;
- Monitoring congressional requests, concerns, and needs in policy areas within the research management responsibility of the section;
- Collaborating with other managers to ensure an integrative approach to the work by fully identifying significant policy problems facing the Congress;
- Developing analytical approaches to address these problems;
- Applying appropriate resources;
- Performing special assignments as directed by the Assistant/Deputy Assistant Director.
This position is at the GS-15 level ($123,758-$155,500). For more information and to apply online please visit: http://www.loc.gov/crsinfo or call 202.707.5627 to request an applicant job kit. Refer to vacancy #100049 in all correspondence and submit applications by April 12, 2010.
CRS is fully committed to workforce diversity
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.