September 18, 2009 at 9:47 pm #80946
SUPERVISORY INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST, GS-15
Congressional Research Service, Washington DC
The Congressional Research Service (CRS) seeks a manager for Technical Operations Services (TOS) in its Office of Technology. The person selected for this position will manage systems administration, infrastructure, and user support services for CRS.
• Exercising responsibility for strategic and annual planning, budget, workforce planning and management, policy administration, and operational processes;
• Serving as COTR for contract employees fulfilling hardware, software, and services contracts for TOS;
• Setting priorities and directing the work of TOS staff (both government and contract);
• Managing the technical and financial resources allocated to TOS to achieve its goals and ensuring that resources are aligned with mission requirements and client needs;
• Managing the enterprise-wide implementation of CRS’s servers, network devices, user support, desktop, and media services infrastructures.
Candidates with IT management experience in a systems administration and operations organization and expertise with desktop and server operating systems, office automation systems, backup systems, telecommunications and wide-area networking, hardware/software platforms, network devices (e.g., firewalls, routers, load balancers, etc.), storage, desktop systems, peripherals, and help desk/user support are encouraged to apply.
Position is being offered at the GS-15 ($120,830-$153,200). Please apply online at: http://www.loc.gov/crsinfo. If you are unable to apply online, please call 202.707.5627 to request an applicant job kit and refer to vacancy #090211 in all correspondence. Applications must be received by October 5. 2009.
The Congressional Research Service is the public policy research arm of the U.S. Congress and is fully committed to workforce diversity.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.