May 11, 2011 at 3:08 pm #130248
Mission Essential Personnel is currenty accepting applications for a Senior Project Manager role in Columbus, OH. The Senior Project Manager will lead project teams to deliver multiple, simultaneous projects that span across several business or technology areas. The candidate will be expected to effectively manage resources, schedule and quality of deliverables through the full project life cycle (discovery, analysis, design, construction, test and implementation.) The candidate will often work in close coordination with the Business and/or product manager and/or clients to successfully manage and deliver products and services. The Senior Project Manager will also be expected to contribute to the development of a project management methodology and assist in the construction of a formalized program office. This position will report to the Systems Development Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Work together with business and technology leads to build well-structured project plans and schedules for all project phases.
• Provide direction to project resources, monitor development efforts, assemble key project deliverables, and intelligently identify issues and risks requiring escalation when reporting project status
• Closely monitor change requests and prevent unapproved requirement modifications that result in scope creep.
• Schedule and facilitate project status meetings and advise management on the effects change requests will have on schedule and resources.
• Communicate project implementation options that affect cost, schedule, quality, and risk to stakeholders, as well as offer recommendations based on these elements.
• Collaborate with the business manager when interfacing with external business partners, internal business area experts, business analysts and software development teams.
• Lead business analyst(s), on a per-project basis, in extracting requirements from external stakeholders, internal business representatives, and software development teams.
• Identify the skills and resources needed for each stage in the project lifecycle.
• Provide resource requirements per project and motivate and manage those resources over the project duration.
• Maintain accountability for technical, cost, and schedule performance for all assigned projects
• Support Project Management Reviews
• PMI Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
• 7-10+ years experience managing multiple complex projects in parallel
• Prior involvement with high-visibility projects and managing multiple projects concurrently
• Expert communication and leadership skills to establish a common understanding of project timelines, milestones, and expectations on delivery.
• Proven exceptional written and oral presentation skills
To apply for this position, click here.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.