March 22, 2012 at 2:21 pm #156799
Technical Support | Annapolis, MD, United States
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing support to customers. This involves responding to customer inquiries via phone, email and web, diagnosing/analyzing problems, and providing workarounds to customers. Our environment includes networking and web technologies such as DNS, DHCP.
- Install and configure Infoblox products as well as third-party software for support lab testing purposes.
- Provide remote and on-site technical support for Infoblox customers and partners.
- Provide ongoing support to Infoblox customers and partners.
- Recommend new and existing solutions which involve enhancing application/systems functionality, features and defect repair.
- Work closely with third-party software vendors and their professional services groups to solve complex integration problems.
- Be intuitive and inventive by providing solutions and workarounds for customers.
Skills & Requirements:
- 2+ years experience in a hands-on technical role with security clearance.
- Experience with both Unix/Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Solid knowledge in TCP/IP and networking protocols.
- Working knowledge of firewall, switches, and routers.
- Knowledge of authentication protocols such as AD, and LDAP.
- Knowledge of DNS and DHCP protocols and configuration (host master experience).
- Recent experience in providing remote or on-site technical support.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Outstanding analytical and organizational ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self starter with ability to multi-task in a high-pressure, fast-paced, fast growth environment.
- Team player.
- Aptitude to quickly grasp current software functionality and third party products in order to extend that functionality to meet new and evolving requirements.
- BS in CS, CE, or other technical field.
- PERL programming skill is a definite plus.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.