Separate Listing of Telework Jobs?

Home Forums Careers Separate Listing of Telework Jobs?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Doug Weinbrenner 7 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Bob King
    Participant

GovLoop consists of over 27,000 members now, the bulk of which are probably very comfortable operating in the online world.

Under the Jobs tab, should we have a separate category of teleworking jobs?

Outside of the other win-win factors associated with teleworking, imagine the money & resources that could be saved if we stopped adding more people in the greater DC metro area.

For example, one can live pretty well, in a nice house, in Kansas on GS-12/13 pay. In DC you’re either commuting hour to 90 minutes or NOT living in a 2000+ sq. ft. house.

Doug Weinbrenner
    Participant

Perfect idea…especially for someone like me who does live in Kansas (City).
    I am absolutely reolved in securing a solid health comm (or other ‘comm’) federal position. Ideally I would love to stay in KC and telework, but will move to DC or ATL if necessary.
    Hopefully the feds or contractors will begin to embrace teleworking and co-working, increase productivity + innovation and decrease cost + liability. Like you said “win-win”.

Tricia
    Participant

I would think that the job announcements would list if telework is permissable. As a recruiter who lists many jobs on many boards…this would mean listing the job twice on the same website. Perhaps if there was a box to check……

Marilyn
    Participant

Yes! I would love to be able to find a job easily where I can telework!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.