Share Your Agency’s Public Engagement Successes

Home Forums Citizen Engagement & Customer Service Share Your Agency’s Public Engagement Successes

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lauren Hirshon 7 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Hannah Ornell
    Participant

Not all agencies can be as sexy as the Department of Defense or Homeland Security. Many agencies do work that flies under the radar of the typical American. How do these lesser known agencies communicate to the public about the work that they do? Opening these lines of communication can help diffuse distrust in the government and increase public awareness of all the hard work you put in behind the scenes to benefit our country. So what I want to know is:

What public engagement strategies does your agency use? Have they been successful?

Lauren Hirshon
    Participant

We actually just released a report, Building Common Ground, on how government’s have been able to effectively engage citizens to solve community challenges. It includes proven strategies on framing issues, ensuring transparency, communication outreach strategies – and much more. If you’d like to check it out, it’s available for free on our website at:http://www.fels.upenn.edu/news/fels-report-highlights-strategies-productive-public-engagement

Hannah Ornell
    Participant

Thanks for calling this to my attention! I like the practical breakdown of how to hold an effective public forum and also the tools that can be used to do public outreach. Great resource!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.