August 2, 2011 at 4:08 pm #137016
Mission Essential Personnel is now looking for a Small Business Liaison Officer, the SBLO will ensure MEP practices a commitment to small business utilization, accurately and timely reports subcontracting achievements support the identification and evaluation of prospective teammates, among many other duties. The Small Business Liaison Officer (SBLO) has general overall responsibility for MEP’s small business subcontracting program, i.e., developing, preparing, and executing individual subcontracting plans, monitoring performance relative to the particular plan and periodic reporting requirements to the USG.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
– Developing and promoting MEP’s policy statements that demonstrate MEP’s support for awarding contracts and subcontracts to small business including HUBZone small business, small disadvantaged business, women-owned small business, veteran-owned small business, and service-disabled veteran-owned small business concerns.
– Developing and maintaining bidders’ lists of small businesses / other socio-economic categories from all possible sources.
– Ensuring periodic expansion of potential subcontractor sources on bidders’ lists.
– Ensuring that small businesses are included on the bidders’ list for every subcontract solicitation for products and services they are capable of providing.
– Ensuring that MEP subcontract Requests for Proposals (RFPs) are designed to permit the maximum possible participation of small businesses.
– Reviewing MEP subcontract RFPs to remove statements, clauses, etc., which might tend to restrict or prohibit small business participation.
– Ensuring that the MEP subcontract proposal review organization documents its reasons for not selecting any low bids submitted by small businesses.
– Involved in the establishment and maintenance of contract and subcontract award records to Small Business concerns.
– Periodically attending and/or arranging for the attendance of company representatives at outreach events, business opportunity workshops, Minority Business Enterprise Seminars, Trade Fairs, etc.
– Directly / indirectly counseling small businesses on subcontracting opportunities and how to prepare bids to in responding to MEP requests.
– Providing notice to subcontractors concerning penalties for misrepresentations of business status as small business for the purpose of obtaining a subcontract that is to be included as part or all of a goal contained in the contractor’s subcontracting plan.
– Confirming the small business type/classification represented by the bidder.
– Conducting or arranging training for procurement personnel regarding the intent and impact of Public Law 95-907 on purchasing procedures.
– Monitoring the company’s performance and making any adjustments necessary to achieve the subcontract plan goals.
– Preparing and submitting timely reports for both internal and external customers/organizations.
– Coordinating the company’s activities during small business compliance reviews by Federal agencies.
– Coordinating MEP SBLO activities with Government or other customer SBLO counterparts on a continual basis to ensure MEP remains compliant and aware of changing Small Business requirements between audits.
Other Duties may include:
– Support contract/subcontract management and administration duties from time-to-time.
– Work closely with the C&P proposal lead throughout the proposal development lifecycle.
-3+ years experience in a SBLO-type position either in government or industry.
-Undergraduate degree preferred, but experience applicants without degrees will be considered.
-Familiarity and experience with Federal Government procurement procedures and policies and the acquisition lifecycle.
To learn more, and to apply for this position, please click here.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.