Smart Super Bowl Snackin’ with Aetna

Home Forums Acquisitions Smart Super Bowl Snackin’ with Aetna

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Candace Riddle 6 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Shannon Kennedy
    Participant

As we all know, this Sunday is unlike any other Sunday during the year. It is Super Bowl Sunday. Like many Americans, I never miss watching the Super Bowl, and never turn down a Super Bowl party. What’s the best part of the Super Bowl? Ok, yes there’s the football game and amazing commercials, but Super Bowl Sunday is one of the biggest food days of the year, second to Thanksgiving.

We sit down to watch football and enjoy pizza, burgers, chips and dip, and other football themed dishes. Of course there is always that one guest who brings the veggie plate, but it rarely is even touched.

I came across this article which reported that Aetna has begun providing it’s employees access to healthy recipe videos via a 24/7 Virtual Wellness Center. The videos give users a wide variety of videos describing how to make healthy versions of dishes typically seen at Super Bowl gatherings.

“The addition of the Health eCooking videos is the latest example of how we are helping our employees and their families live healthier lifestyles,” said Elease Wright, senior vice president of Human Resources. “Health eCooking videos provide nutritious recipe options with a one on one cooking experience, making it easy to try new recipes and find ways to cook healthier.”

-Business Wire

I think this is great. I know so many people out there who love Super Bowl Sunday, but don’t want to fill their bodies with tons of junk.

How do you munch Super Bowl? Do you have any recipes that are both delicious and nutritious?

Candace Riddle
    Participant

Hmmm so are they going to start providing those videos to their members too?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.