Social Media Coordinator (Washington, DC)

Home Forums Job Openings Social Media Coordinator (Washington, DC)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stephanie Noble 7 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Daniel Nguyen
    Participant

Job Description:

The Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for implementing and maintaining marketing strategies with a resourceful approach to support a public diplomacy outreach initiative that combines web conferencing and New Media tools to engage and build online communities with international audiences.

In addition, they will support the project lead with research, data analysis, event management, online social network management, advertising, promotional activities, time lines and budgets. With excellent organization and communication skills, the successful candidate will be a detail-oriented, self motivated, highly creative thinker with a strong aptitude for multitasking multiple projects and tight deadlines.

Responsibilities:

• Communicates and builds online communities among foreign publics, including opinion makers and youth by addressing topics about U.S. policy, society, values, and a range of bilateral issues.
    • Engages foreign publics through interactive web events in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Persian, Russian, Portuguese, and Spanish.
    • Responsible for the organization and management of online events that will be hosted for heads of state and high ranking government officials.
    • More…(PDF): http://www.metrostarsystems.com/careers/PDF/SocialMediaCoordinator.pdf

Qualifications:

• Must be eligible for a Security Clearance
    • Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in English. (French and/or Spanish preferred)
    • Excellent organization skills mandatory.
    • Excellent event management skills (online etc.)
    • Minimum Bachelors degree preferred in Conflict Analysis and Resolution, English, Communications, Marketing, or Public Relations.
    • Proficiency in MS Office & Imaging Software.
    • Excellent phone skills mandatory.
    • Nights and weekend hours may be required for some projects.
    • Experience with engaging publics for social networks is a must.
    • Planning and promoting social events/online events/community events/parties is desirable.

Contact Details for additional information:
    Sara Martinez
    [email protected]

Website
    http://www.metrostarsystems.com/

Phone
    703-481-9581

Stephanie Noble
    Participant

Has this position been filled?

Daniel Nguyen
    Participant

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for your interest. There are still openings available for this position.

Please send your resume or any questions to [email protected]

Also feel free to share with any friends who you think would be interested.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Daniel, let me make sure I have this straight… you want a single person to be tri-lingual in English, French, and Spanish for a given role? Let me know if ChatterBachs may be of service to you.

Daniel Nguyen
    Participant

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your message and interest. My apologies if the job description is confusing. Being tri-lingual would be a bonus but not required. Proficiency in Spanish and/or French would be preferred but not required. I have updated the job description to address this.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Thanks for providing this clarification, Daniel. Have a productive day!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.