Social Media usage in Government Statistics

Home Forums Acquisitions Social Media usage in Government Statistics

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Steve Ressler 7 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Jean-Paul Salley
    Participant

Hello all,

I'm looking for direction on where to find usage figures for government employees (ideally federal) on social media and Web 2.0 applications.

Ideally i'm looking to determine how many of such employees have supplemental social media accounts, contribute on such applications and sites, how much of this is done at work, as well as the prevalence of mobile usage (especially if, as is common, these applications or sites are restricted at work).

These statistics can be international as I'm operating in Canada and am aware that the U.S. and Australian governments have been especially cutting edge with integrating such tools and resources.

Thanks for any assistance on this request!

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Hmm...I haven't seen such stats and guessing they are hard to find.

Some easy ways to do some guessing is pick a federal agency - in U.S. say Environment Protection Agency which I think has 16,000 employees

If you try to create a Facebook ad, you can target by employer and see how many identify. So say that is 4,000 folks - you can guess 25% is the minimum percentage.

You can do roughly the same thing with LinkedIn

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.