February 25, 2013 at 8:59 am #176700
GovDelivery is looking for a skilled and highly motivated Software Engineer to join our development team. Our process is centered on the Scrum and Kanban practices that make us most productive and foster a collaborative work environment; in particular we advocate TDD, Collective Code Ownership, and Sustainable Pace. We have a lot of irons in the fire and several green-field projects either on the horizon or in the nascent development stages, but our primary responsibility is a SaaS platform composed of web apps, web services, and background processes written in Ruby (on Rails) and Java (on Mule). This platform currently supports hundreds of clients and millions of requests per week, and we're constantly enhancing it with multiple production releases per month.
A successful candidate will have the skills needed to design and implement new features and a penchant for helping our support teams maintain our production applications. We’re looking for someone who would describe him or herself as:
- Devoted to the craft of software development and committed to quality
- An accomplished web application developer with several years of production-quality SaaS application work under your belt
- A test-infected advocate of agile development practices
- Interested in being part of an open, collaborative team and working alongside RoR and Java experts
- Self-motivated with a passion for learning new things
The compensation package will be tailored to the candidate commensurate with candidate's experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental plan, and matching 401(k). GovDelivery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.