SOUND OFF: What CIOs should consider before cloud adoption

Home Forums Technology SOUND OFF: What CIOs should consider before cloud adoption

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Molly Walker 8 years ago.

• Author

Molly Walker
    Participant

More organizations are seeking help with moving IT infrastructure from physical to virtual to cloud, as they realize just how many technologies and models need to be addressed in that process.

Getting all the pieces to fit together in a cloud strategy can be difficult, and CIOs are being proactive in seeking cloud-computing service brokers to assist them with the transition.

In a recent post on FierceCIO, I asked several cloud computing consultants: What should CIOs consider before implementing a cloud strategy?

You can read what they have to say, here. But I’m also curious, what’s your take? Have you considered undertaking a cloud computing transition, or are you successfully using the cloud now?

What advice would you give to CIOs? What should they know about terms of contracts, service level agreements and defining standards? I’d love to hear some lessons learned!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.