March 11, 2010 at 5:40 pm #94870
Joe HiggsParticipant-Contact [email protected] for details-
Job Category: IT (general)Job City: McLeanJob State: VANumber of Jobs: 1Job Type: ContractPreferred Degree: BachelorsExperience (year): 6
Description: Builds on the capabilities of the network administrator by incorporating Network Operating Systems as part of their skill set (e.g., Windows NT
Server, NetWare, UNIX). In addition, maintains enterprise information
technology services (e.g., FAX Servers, Messaging Systems, Databases,
GroupWare, Document Management). Is responsible for system security
and data integrity. Assigns passwords and monitors use of resources.
Is responsible for system recovery mechanisms.
Project Overview: The project provides IT professionals to develop and enhance classified analytic software tools and networks required to support the national
intelligence mission. The project supports an evolving, high-speed,
large data volume network across multiple computing environments and
- Manage a variety of Unix and Linux servers, including Solaris, Linux, and IRIX.
- Work in a team environment on operations, maintenance, performance tuning and integration of Unix systems and applications.
- Deploy new servers and reconfigure existing servers.
- Integrate COTS, GOTS, and in house developed applications in a heterogeneous computing environment.
- Evaluate and recommend new hardware and software products.
- Advise on physical planning issues.
- Interact with end users to deploy new capabilities and resolve system problems.
- Document projects as well as internal requirements.
- Communicate effectively within the team and with government client.
- Secure Unix-based systems to comply with certification and accreditation requirements.
US Citizenship Required: Yes
Clearance Type: TS/SCI with Lifestyle Poly
Required years of experience: (min) 6-9
Required degree: Bachelors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Senior level Solaris knowledge.
- Experience with SPARC and Intel based servers.
- Experience with Unix networking, including NFS, NIS, DNS.
- Experience with a variety of Veritas products, including Veritas Volume Manager, File System, Cluster Server, and NetBackup.
- Virtualization experience including VMWare and Solaris Zones.
- Linux and IRIX experience.
- Experience with jumpstart, kickstart, cfengine.
- Unix shell or Perl scripting.
- Experience with LDAP.
- Performance tuning experience.
- Technical Team Lead experience.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.