March 13, 2013 at 8:14 pm #177255
Chris IRS RecruiterParticipant
This exciting program offers students the chance to gain an insiders view of the federal tax code as well as the projects and programs the IRS uses to promote education and enforce compliance among tax-exempt organizations nationwide.
Students will work with tax professionals in one of the following areas of the Office of Exempt Organizations:
- Rulings & Agreements is responsible for approving requests for tax-exempt status, issuing private letter rulings on complex tax questions and fulfilling voluntary compliance requests. R&A often works closely with EO Examinations – the audit people – on research projects and compliance programs.
- Customer Education & Outreach develops and carries out the strategic direction of EO’s nationwide education and outreach programs to help tax-exempt organizations understand and comply with their obligations under the tax code.
- Graduate students in a degree or certificate program
- Concentration or interest in nonprofit management or policy preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Strong writing and research skills
- 15-20 hours a week
- Unpaid, with the opportunity for school credit
For additional information or to request an application contact Kevin Brown at: [email protected]
*Submit application packet by Friday, April 5, 2013.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.