SuperBowl – Steelers or Packers? Best Commercial?

Home Forums Miscellaneous SuperBowl – Steelers or Packers? Best Commercial?

This topic contains 16 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Steve Ressler 6 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Who’s going to win?

What do you think will be the best commercial?

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Steelers and Groupon commercial

Bill Brantley
    Participant

Packers! And I predict that Lindsey Lohan will find some flimsy excuse to sue the makers of the latest E-Trade baby Super Bowl commercial.

Rooting for Chicago – I have to root for GroupOn.

Don’t really care who who wins the game.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

I was doubly wrong

Groupon commercial = FAIL

My favorite was Chrysler Eminem or VW Bug

Aaron Rodgers played awesome

I want to personally apologize on behalf of Chicago for that GroupOn ad. We’re more embarrassed than that time our governor got arrested.

Bill Brantley
    Participant

Halftime Show – Double FAIL.

Was that a teaser from Tron: The Musical? Next year they should just replace the halftime show with highlights from Animal Planet’s Puppy Bowl.

Stephen Peteritas
    Participant

Didn’t care about the game but Audi had the best commercial

Jeff Ribeira

Ditto. Game was alright, and the commercials were just “meh.” The VW one was good, but I also liked the Brisk one with Eminem (minus Eminem and everything he was saying). I thought the animation and style was pretty creative and awesome. Did anyone else feel there were a ridiculous amount of Pepsi Maxx and Doritos commercials?

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Yeah – that was bad. What was weird is their actual message is they give $15 in groupon credit if you give $15 for a charity – http://savethemoney.groupon.com/

They did horrible job getting that message out

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

That commercial was epic…

Tarryn Reddy
    Participant

Agree with the Audi commercial being the best. Gotta love the Kenny G touch!

I suppose the “spot” I enjoyed most is being overlooked because it was just an “info-mercial” …this presentation came before the game and was a semi-documentary/introductory piece I suppose the network produced? It wasn’t “selling” anything tangible so that might be what disqualifies this video from getting anyone else’s mention here? I thought this piece highlighted each team’s unique “spirit” fairly accurately. It relayed the significance of each team’s background and expressed the conducive atmosphere that creates legendary American football teams! Embedded in my mind was an identifiable character that the producers deserve credit for portraying differently for these two teams. The valid behind-the-scene vision captured their individual heritage, yet, at the same time it also showed how similar each team’s die-hard football fan support-network had fueled their drive to be in the Super Bowl!

Helen Slack
    Participant

The one with Pug

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Speaking of – here’s a cool article by NPR with Harper’s on imaging a Super Bowl ad for government – http://www.npr.org/2011/02/04/133504071/Imagine-This-A-Super-Bowl-Ad-For-The-Government

All I was hoping for was an entertaining game and I thought Big Ben wouldn’t disappoint with another last minute comeback TD but oh well.

Two commercials were absolutely hysterical:

1. Bud Light Kitchen Makeover

and

2. VW The Force- best commercial I have seen in years….Could not stop laughing for 5 minutes…

Lisa Pierson
    Participant

The Doritos House Sitting ad Superbowl 2011 – Doritos House Sitting Ad & the VW Darth Vader ads superbowl-commercials, were my favorite!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.