February 15, 2012 at 5:36 pm #153255
USAJOBS LISTING: http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/309400500
The Superintendent is the senior official responsible for providing vision, leadership, management, and direction for all United States Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA) activities.
Major responsibilities include:
- Ensuring a strong and productive academic program that delivers well qualified graduates for the merchant marine;
- Providing a safe and effective academic environment that addresses the needs of the students and faculty;
- Developing and maintaining a vision for the USMMA's capital assets and long term needs; and
- Maintaining strong financial and operational controls that demonstrate prudent use of the resources.
The Superintendent of the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy is responsible for overseeing the development of scholastic standards which encourage the intellectual, professional growth and physical well-being of midshipmen, and effective and economical operation of the Academy's facilities. The Superintendent has a profound impact on the Academy's ability to educate and train individuals to be highly qualified licensed merchant marine officers inspired to sail on vessels of the United States.
- Demonstrated experience in leading large and complex organizations to ensure that the Academy provides the highest standard of maritime education, excellence, best practices, and learning gained either through academic, corporate, high-level government positions, or military service.
- The candidate should be familiar with the accrediting requirements of the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges.
- An understanding of and experience working with Federal government processes and the underlying principles and structure of the government.
- Experience in training and developing leaders to succeed in today’s changing work environment.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.