December 17, 2010 at 5:22 pm #117985
Govplace is seeking a Systems Support Analyst with solid technical skills, exceptional interpersonal skills and committed dedication to customer service excellence by supporting an expanding organization of talented people. For the proven technical professional with strong understanding of business collaboration and a talent for understanding the technological needs of a fast paced, growing organization, this is a rare opportunity to play a strategic role in contributing to the overall success of our growing customer base by supporting our enterprise network infrastructure.
Govplace is a well-established and rapidly growing systems integrator. Govplace sells, implements, and supports mission critical data security, storage and server consolidation solutions to public sector agencies. Govplace clients include federal, state and local government as well as education and healthcare.
The Systems Support Analyst will:
Ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. As the Reston office continues to grow it becomes essential to the success of the business to provide the appropriate internal resource to assess and ensure reliability and consistency of internal IT systems on a daily basis.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Participate in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
Partner with Corporate IT to provide unified support for corporate wide initiatives.
- Collaborate with IT staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
The ideal candidate will possess an entrepreneurial spirit as well as being a key addition to the Irvine office. They will thrive in hands on role and in building strong relationships with employees at all levels of the organization. Solid troubleshooting skills and the ability to drive multiple projects, including day to day tasks, concurrently is required. Bachelors degree and/or 5 years equivalent work experience in Information Technology is required.
The following skills for the position are required:
•Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
•Experience in supporting a variety of computer and networking requests.
•A value-added customer service approach to meeting the needs and request of company employees.
•Proven experience with Windows Server 2007/2008 environments, Microsoft Exchange 2007, and virtualization technologies, specifically VMWare.
•Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Microsoft Windows XP and Windows 7.
•Experience supporting a VoIP phone system (Shoretel experience a plus)
Govplace is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Location: Reston, VA, US.
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
For more information, visit: http://www.govplace.com/careers/current-openings
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.