Systems Thinking and Terrorism

Home Forums Acquisitions Systems Thinking and Terrorism

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Geoffery W. Seaver 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Geoffery W. Seaver
    Participant

I have been collecting Systems Thinking and System Dynamics Models (SD) that have been developed to help policy makers think about courses of action for reducing terrorists events. Todd Chamberlain has developed a very nice System Dynamics model that he has been sharing with NDU’s students attending the Counter-Terrorism Fellows Program. I have attached a copy of his original paper for you review. In addition, Todd published an article based on this paper in the Journal of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, Volume 4, Issue 3, 2007, Article 14.

If you are new to System Dynamics, Jim Baker has a nice introduction in Parameters (see attached).

I have searched the web for other papers discussing SD models for counter-terrorism but if you know of any models, please let me know and I will try to make them available.

One of my goals for this group is to create a repository of these models (or papers discussing these models) and make them available to all members.

Please take a look at Todd’s paper and let’s discuss the application of System Dynamics (or other modeling techniques) to terrorism, counter-insurgency, operational design, peace operations, stability operations, or any other national security topic of interest.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.