April 21, 2010 at 4:57 pm #98362
Technology Beat Reporter, Government 2.0
Falls Church, VA
1105 Media, Inc. is a leading provider of integrated business-to-business information and media to professionals in the public, private and academic markets. Our comprehensive portfolio of print publications, online products, events and conferences, and custom media and research products serves the needs of leaders in the Government, Education, Network & Enterprise Computing, Business Technology, Office Equipment, Occupational Health & Safety, Security, and Home Medical Equipments industries.
The beat reporter is responsible for covering technology topics with a focus on Government 2.0 via online and print platforms for market leading B2B technology publications: Federal Computer Week, Government Computer News, Washington Technology and Defense Systems.
• This beat assignment covers Web 2.0, social media, interactive technologies and other related topics, with a particular focus on applications and innovations by and for the federal government( Government 2.0). It involves reporting on and analyzing how the Web 2.0 tools and social networking are impacting various government operations internally and externally.
• Develop and interview sources; write news articles of varying length and scope, maintain a blog and Twitter feed, meet multiple deadlines in daily, weekly and monthly production cycles.
• Develop news and feature stories based on beat coverage, and write longer enterprise stories for our print publications.
• Moderate Webinars and participate in live panel discussions.
• Cover live news events and newsmaker availabilities throughout the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, with occasional outside travel opportunities.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field
• 3 to 6 years news gathering and writing experience.
• Knowledge of federal government and information technology is preferred, ideally social media tools and platforms.
• The ability to write clean, concise copy is a must.
• Self-starting enterprise reporter who thrives in a collaborative environment.
1105 Media is based in Chatsworth, CA, with offices throughout the United States and more than 300 employees. The company was formed in April 2006 by Nautic Partners LLC, Alta Communications, and President/CEO Neal Vitale.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k) plan and a generous paid time off (PTO)/holiday plan.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.