March 2, 2012 at 4:20 pm #154840
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), one of the largest Institutes of the world-renowned National Institutes of Health (NIH), is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as technology development specialist in the Office of Technology Development (OTD).
OTD has primary responsibility for the technology transfer function of NIAID. This function involves protecting the government’s investment in new inventions, proprietary materials, and information and facilitating their conversion to commercially available products that improve public health.
The technology development specialist will be responsible for advising on and performing the full range of support services that facilitate the transfer of new technologies and research materials, particularly to the private sector, for further research or commercial development as appropriate.
The specialist provides advice, guidance, and assistance to NIAID staff on issues relating to collaborative and other agreements, inventions, patents, licenses, royalties, and other technology transfer matters. The specialist also assists with reviews, drafts, and negotiations of technology transfer agreements for intramural laboratories and extramural branches in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and federal and NIAID and NIH policies.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens who have successfully completed a full four-year course of study in an accredited college or university that included a major field of study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
In addition, applicants must meet at least one of the following criteria:
• Demonstrate in resume at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-09 level in the federal government, obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: assisting staff in resolving routine issues on intellectual property and/or technology transfer; making minor modifications or adaptations to established methods, procedures, or techniques; gathering information for use in developing responses to routine inquiries; drafting documents to explain scientific or other findings; assisting in preparing portions of briefing reports relating to routine technology transfer; participating in meetings to advise on and respond to specific, routine questions regarding technology transfer; and interacting with individuals within an organization to provide information and/or to coordinate activities
• Have a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, if related
• Have three full years of related progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree
• Have equivalent combinations of related graduate education and qualifying experience
A complete list of duties, qualifications, and application procedures is available at http://www.usajobs.gov.
Vacancy announcement numbers
• NIH-NIAID-DE-12-608822 (all candidates)
• NIH-NIAID-MP-12-608826 (status candidates)
Series & Grade Level
• GS-11 (promotion potential to GS-13)
• $62,467 (annually) - $81,204 (annually), commensurate with experience
A full civil service package of benefits is available, including retirement; health, life, and long-term care insurance; annual and sick leave; and thrift savings plan (401K equivalent).
Vacancy announcement will open on Monday, March 5, 2012. Resume, responses to online questionnaire, and supporting documents (if applicable) must be received on http://www.usajobs.gov no later than 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, March 18, 2012.
Learn more about NIAID and how you can play a role in this exciting and dynamic research organization:
HHS, NIH, and NIAID are proud to be equal opportunity employers.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.