The Best Gift You Got This Year?

Home Forums Miscellaneous The Best Gift You Got This Year?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Henry Brown 6 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Stephen Peteritas
    Participant

I know the holidays aren’t all about the gifts but lets not kid ourselves they play a part. So I’d love to know what other people got for the holidays, Christmas, Hanukkah or whatever else is out there giving wise.

Myself I got Bon Jovi tickets (laugh if you will but I love them) and an ipad which is amazing but since I’m on the road and want to sync it with my other mac products at home I’m waiting to play with it which is kind of torture.

So what did you get?

Henry Brown
    Participant

The best gift possible! My wife and I will in fact live to see another year, This after a very terrible accident a couple of months ago. Although the recovery is still ongoing, we both are reaching the point that we can see the end of the “tunnel”.

Stephen Peteritas
    Participant

Not sure anyone can compete with that Henry. That’s awesome… keep powering through and you’ll both get there.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

I got some awesome custom-made tailored shirts from a tailor in Korea (was there 3 years ago and they saved my fitting)

Tim Evans
    Participant

Upgraded Orioles’ season tix–lower deck!

Stephen Peteritas
    Participant

Awesome gift now hopefully they get a little better for you but I feel your pain I’m a royals fan.

Adriel Hampton
    Participant

Rosetta Stone Japanese!

Stephen Peteritas
    Participant

Jealous… I’ve asked for Arabic 3 years running now and haven’t gotten it. For some reason the rents will pay for 9 years of french in school but not Arabic, frustrating!!

Joy Gatewood
    Participant

A wireless squeezebox “radio” (it can stream your itunes or internet radio stations) for the kitchen area.

Yesterday we set the presets for our favorite internet radio stations so we can listen to great music while we are preparing meals.

Its a great present so far.

Tim Evans
    Participant

I’m worse: I grew up in KC, so get to suffer double.

Jenyfer Johnson
    Participant

That’s an awesome gift Henry! How lucky you both are!

Jenyfer Johnson
    Participant

A Breville single cup coffeemaker and a box of DonutShop K-cup coffee! Incredible coffee in less than 2 minutes a cup!!! I’m in love!

Heather Coleman
    Participant

Awesome about the Bon Jovi tickets! I’m hoping to go see them in Feb. too 🙂 Best gift this year was a pretty big suprise from my husband – a new desktop computer (my laptop is on its last legs). He’s even going to show me how to build it!

Mark Lanham
    Participant

I got a new 55″ glass/wood television stand. I’ve put off getting one for 2 years cause I either didn’t have the money or couldn’t make up my mind on the style. The wife and kids picked it out and it was a big surprise!

BTW I agree with Stephen I don’t think anything can top Henry’s story.

Tammie Shipe
    Participant

My husband bought me a serger — I have been wanting one for a couple of years…

Now I’m being tortured because I’m forcing myself waiting for the sales at the fabric store (normally huge savings on/around the new year).

Jenyfer Johnson
    Participant

Oh how nice! I haven’t been sewing much of late, but have always wanted a serger to do knits and finish hems. I’m jealous but in a good way! LOL

Let me know how you like your’s. I plan to get one eventually and would love to know what you think of it.

Jenyfer

Joy Hall Bryant
    Participant

If you decide to give yourself a New Year’s gift, Borders has a coupon right now for $40 off level 1, $100 off level 1-3, $150 off Level 1-5. Expires Jan 10.

Joy Hall Bryant
    Participant

We’re kind of in Henry’s boat having spent all day Christmas eve in the ER with my daughter. Best Christmas present was the determination that the incident – albeit scary – was an anomaly due to dehydration and not likely to reoccur. The well-being of loved ones is definitely our top blessing this year!

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Good luck – I did Rosetta Stone Spanish for a bit and it’s really good. Just requires the hours of practice

Mark Hammer
    Participant

My wife surprised me with this: http://www.amazon.com/Hand-Made-Played-Contemporary-Guitars/dp/1579907873

The other excellent present is enroute at the moment, and is a new piece of equipment from a high profile music equipment manufacturer, who asked if I’d be a beta-tester for it. I shall be rocking something serious this winter. Best put on your industrial hearing protection!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.