February 1, 2010 at 3:57 pm #90936
The Ken Blanchard Companies® is one of the world’s leading training and development experts. We create lasting behavioral changes that have a measurable impact on the organizations we work with. Our training makes a difference. As the innovator of the most widely used leadership development system in the world, we provide breakthrough thinking and proven process to our clients.
We are looking for a bright, energetic Business Development Manager experienced selling to the Federal Government to join our sales team in the Washington, D.C. region. As a Business Development Manager, you will apply your strategic thinking and sophisticated solution sales expertise to identify and pursue large-scale opportunities across multiple government sectors. This position will work from a home office.
If you share our passion for helping clients improve performance, productivity, and achieve measurable results, we want to hear from you.
As a Business Development Manager, you will:
• Use your consultative selling skills to identify new government business opportunities, develop new government prospects and nurture the existing client base, promoting our solutions and services
• Link the Ken Blanchard Companies solutions to client’s agencies business mission-critical issues and strategic objectives
• Develop and maintain relationships with clients, utilizing consultative selling skills, ensuring overall satisfaction and profitability of each account
• Develop ongoing strategic plans for new business, creating value for our client’s agencies and The Ken Blanchard Companies
• Develop and maintain productive partnerships with internal teams to build long-term client relationships.
The ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications:
• A minimum of five years demonstrated success in sales to the federal government, it’s agencies and departments, consistently meeting or exceeding quota.
• Experience with large government contractors, including contacts to leverage to better position The Ken Blanchard Companies into contract flow.
• Demonstrated success in building trusting, long-term relationships with clients.
• Ability to discover client needs and provide solutions that will enhance the client’s business performance on agency missions.
• Demonstrated understanding of Federal Government contracting/procurement process.
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Strong understanding of business public policy issues and trends.
• High level of independent activity and decision making.
• Ability to influence others.
• A Bachelor’s degree.
• Experience in the training and development industry preferable.
We offer a guaranteed base while you are learning our solutions and services. After the completion of training, your commissions are uncapped.
Please send resume with salary requirements to [email protected].
The Ken Blanchard Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.