February 2, 2010 at 2:03 pm #91026
The Performance Institute is currently recruiting for a Government Sales Executive to represent and sell training and consulting services in Federal, State and Local Agencies. The Government Sales Executive will be responsible for the entire proposal development process. The management of the entire process ranges from building relationships with new and existing clients, prospecting new leads and clients through networking, research and phone calls, maintaining accurate sales forecasts and tracking performance accordingly, working closely with team to meet monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals and responding promptly to client requests and needs.
- Review and analyze solicitation requirements.
- Assemble the appropriate resources to produce a high quality proposal; this includes coordinating with subject matter experts, pricing experts and other specialists necessary for completing the proposal.
- Review, edit, writes and/or rewrite proposals, as needed, to ensure a high quality product that meets all stated customer requirements and demonstrates our competitive advantage.
- In accordance with RFP specifications, compiles all technical elements of the proposal, including assembling all needed documentation from functional departments.
- Develop a sales plan for assigned existing and targeted accounts, and design customer specific, value-based solutions to ensure that monthly sales objectives for new revenues are attained.
- Develop profiles of targeted customer prospects and formulate customer contact strategy.
· 3 years experience developing and preparing proposals. The ideal candidate will have strong technical writing and editing skills with a professional services firm.
· Prior government consulting and or training sales experience.
· B.A. Degree.
· Knowledge of government procurement practices (i.e. Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and RFP standards).
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Solid presentation skills and the ability to communicate, influence, and gain commitment of Business Development and Program team members.
· Ability to work well in teams and across departments, including senior management.
· Solid project management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet tight deadlines.
· Significant knowledge of the proposal development methodologies and processes or willingness and ability to quickly learn it.
About the Performance Institute:
The Performance Institute is a private, non-partisan think tank seeking to improve government performance through the principles of performance, accountability, engagement and transparency. Based in Washington, D.C. the Institute serves as the nation’s leading authority and repository on performance-based management practices for government. To learn more about our organization, please visit; http://www.performanceweb.org
This position is based in Washington, DC
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter, salary requirements and resume to:
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.