December 3, 2012 at 9:59 pm #173970
December 4, 2012 at 3:10 pm #173996
“you are overpaid, and we need to cut your benefits”
December 4, 2012 at 5:27 pm #173994
1. “Can you help me get a job?”
2. “So how’s it going over there in Washington, D.C.? Still doing nothing all day?”
3. “I saw your boss on TV the other day. How’s Janet doing?”
4. “You’ve got some scandals going on there in Washington. You have anything to do with that?”
5. “MUST READ” – and then forwards an email about how Wal-Mart is run better than the government.
6. “Who should I talk to about (selling X product)”?
7. “What are you, like a refugee from the private sector?”
December 5, 2012 at 1:43 pm #173992
1. Couldn’t you get a real job?
2. You are a fat cat bureaucrat.
3. Why are working for the Government? You could have done so much better.
4. I pay my taxes, so why don’t you?
5. You get too many days off (or vacation days).
December 5, 2012 at 4:48 pm #173990
- You need to cut the fat from your budget.
- If you people would just do your jobs…
- Actually, any remark that begins with “you people” is better left unsaid to a Govie.
December 5, 2012 at 10:18 pm #173988
Stewart F GwynParticipant
Definitely, how you deliver any message is sensitive to a gov-badge. Here are some we have put more than necessary time on and thought about:
- As a billable resource, you want me to explain CFR and what each part, subpart(s) mean?
- You want me to set your claim for gov-property you know it has been missing for over 3 months?
- Please concur, our recommendation is in buyouts/attritions/budget cuts will provide a net gain with no work-instruction losses?
- Who is playing power-games?
- Yes, your name, benefits, and salary are posted on the WORLD WIDE WEB. And yes, I make more than you !?!
December 6, 2012 at 1:02 pm #173986
– Oh, so you’re “TELEWORKING” today?
– Leaving Already?
– Unlike Government workers, I actually “work” for a living!
Plus – I like all of Dannielle’s.
December 7, 2012 at 5:16 pm #173984
I absolutely loathe the “[Just] Good enough for Government Work” —- it is my contention that many Government employees take pride in doing an excellent job and the GE4GW, is in my opinion, a denigration of that.
December 7, 2012 at 5:17 pm #173982
I always hated it when they turned it into politics.
You work for gov’t so you must be an X supporter – I hate him and I can’t believe you work for him.
Me – I’m a gov’t employee. Has nothing to do w/ politics
December 8, 2012 at 1:07 am #173980
How many government meetings does it take to change a light bulb?
December 8, 2012 at 1:09 am #173978
So they pay you to sleep?
December 8, 2012 at 1:10 am #173976
You work for the government? Do you know Sam Smith?
December 8, 2012 at 1:11 am #173974
Dude… when do they let you out?
December 11, 2012 at 2:21 pm #173972
“I’m a hardcore libertarian,” but only when it comes out of the mouth of defense contractors who have no concept of irony.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.