March 20, 2012 at 1:58 pm #156549
ONE viewpoint from Network World:
Experts explain greatest threats to cloud security
1. Application-layer denial of service attacks
2. Loss of confidential data
3. Managing complexity and risk
4. Downtime due to a cloud outage
5. Employee `personal clouds’
6. Lack of visibility
7. Changes in governance and operational security
8. Easy access to cloud resources
March 20, 2012 at 2:03 pm #156551
MIT and DARPA attempt to address Cloud Security
From Network World
MIT takes aim at secure, self-healing cloud
MIT, with money from DARPA, looks to develop a cloud infrastructure that could identify cyberattacks and heal damages
What if a cloud computing infrastructure could recognize a cyberattack, eliminate it, and never stop working while all that is being done? That’s what researchers at MIT, with help from the federal government, are investigating the feasibility of.
Researchers at MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL) have received funding from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) to bring about a cloud infrastructure that could identify cyberattacks and heal itself from any damages.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.