Trying to organize a tweet-up

Home Forums Citizen Engagement & Customer Service Trying to organize a tweet-up

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Corey McCarren 5 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Emma Smith
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I’m the social media coordinator for a non-partisan, non-profit (Better Government Association) and want to start hosting tweet-ups. Some of the topics I’m interested in for these events include “reflections on recent investigations,” policy discussions, Q/A with our staff, more social and network. I’ve never organized a TweetUp or attended one so any advice on how best to organize and generate interest and success would be great.

Thanks!

Emma

Corey McCarren
    Participant

Here’s a liveblog I did when I was at “What’s Next DC”. A woman from NASA was speaking about how to best organize Tweet-ups, as NASA hosts them every so often. Click here to check out the blog post.

Deb Green
    Participant

NASA. Definitely. I am interested in the same kind of information and have a friend who recently attended the last NASA tweet up. I’m happy to share with you what I learn from him from the attendee perspective.

Steve Cottle
    Participant

Here’s a list of Do’s and Don’ts from Mashable: http://mashable.com/2009/02/25/tweetup/

Hey fellow Chicagoan!

With as many people that follow the organization (particularly local media types, I’m sure there would be lots of people interested in coming to a BGA Tweet-up. If you need any help feel free to drop me a line. I’m excited to see BGA going in this direction!

For those that arn’t in Chicago, the Better Government Association works tirelessly to expose corruption in Chicago. They do investigations, watchdog training, FOIA act trainings, and just plain rock.

Here’s a clip of some of the things they’ve done: http://vimeo.com/31049960

Emma Smith
    Participant

Thanks for passing along the blog info Corey.

Emma Smith
    Participant

I would be really interested in hearing from the attendee perspective; it will help me know what to look out for/plan for. Feel free to drop me a note.

Emma Smith
    Participant

Thanks Steve. I came across this in my research – it is a really helpful list!

Emma Smith
    Participant

Chris –

Thanks so much for the support and offer to help! Your support is great. When I get more of a definitive plan outlined I will reach out to you.

Emma

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.