May 19, 2010 at 1:33 pm #100819
Before I set up a Twitter account specifically for work, two questions need answering:
Should I create a Twitter account for every NEW contract?
- Makes documentation easier since all messages will be about that specific contract
- Staying in touch with people may be more difficult from contract to contract
Should I use one Twitter account to manage ALL contracts?
- Lets me stay in touch with people from contract to contract
- Documentation becomes more difficult because I have to weed through all messages
May 19, 2010 at 1:49 pm #100841
I would lean towards one Twitter account to manage ALL to start. Partly because of bandwidth issues and especially as goes from contract to contract.
May 19, 2010 at 1:56 pm #100839
Haha I would lean the exact opposite of Steve and just manage them through HootSuite. That what I did when I had like 5 or 6 twitter accounts for work purposes.
May 19, 2010 at 9:16 pm #100837
How many contracts are we talking?
May 19, 2010 at 9:35 pm #100835
Hey Sterling - one account, use unique hashtags for each contract...abbreviated version of the solicitation/contract number...putting my vendor hat on here as a former proposal writer. Try to keep same from solicitation through award.
May 20, 2010 at 12:55 pm #100833
- Right now, I'm communicating in person, on the phone and through email. No Twitter account has yet been set up. I see Twitter operating like broadcasts, serving as a secondary method for communicating to vendors. (Email is still king).
- Not sure about solicitations.
- Twitter documentation is a major concern b/c it's a public record and it's necessary for me to record all contact w/ vendors. Printing and saving each separate tweet would be cumbersome for documentation purpose -- a better way is needed.
- Not sure about IDIQs.
- Not sure about GSA Schedule procurement -- other people in my department tend to handle those.
May 20, 2010 at 12:55 pm #100831
Let's do a hypothetical -- 3.
May 20, 2010 at 12:56 pm #100829
Hashtags are a good approach for this Andy. I like the idea. That could work.
May 21, 2010 at 8:58 pm #100827
Unless if you plan to purchase multiple telephone lines and set up multiple email accounts, stick to one Twitter account.
May 24, 2010 at 3:35 am #100825
Sounds interesting. I would think for 3, hash tags and even Hoot Suite for multiple accounts would be a good way to manage data. Sounds like the biggest issue is how to use it, and what data will be communicated. Will look for updates, as I see great potential in Twitter for procurement information.
May 25, 2010 at 1:22 pm #100823
HootSuite is the way to go as it has the capability to watch multiple hash tags.
May 26, 2010 at 9:58 pm #100821
Managing them through Hootsuite (free) is a good option, although fair warning--- it's REALLY easy to accidently send a message to the wrong account. Maybe marketing wise it would be good to have just one, so people can see the breadth and depth of your projects.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.