Twitter – for each contract or all contracts?

Home Forums Acquisitions Twitter – for each contract or all contracts?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Steve Ressler 7 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Sterling Whitehead
    Participant

Before I set up a Twitter account specifically for work, two questions need answering:

Should I create a Twitter account for every NEW contract?

• Makes documentation easier since all messages will be about that specific contract
    • Staying in touch with people may be more difficult from contract to contract

Should I use one Twitter account to manage ALL contracts?

• Lets me stay in touch with people from contract to contract
    • Documentation becomes more difficult because I have to weed through all messages

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

I would lean towards one Twitter account to manage ALL to start. Partly because of bandwidth issues and especially as goes from contract to contract.

Stephen Peteritas
    Participant

Haha I would lean the exact opposite of Steve and just manage them through HootSuite. That what I did when I had like 5 or 6 twitter accounts for work purposes.

Heather Coleman
    Participant

How many contracts are we talking?

Hey Sterling – one account, use unique hashtags for each contract…abbreviated version of the solicitation/contract number…putting my vendor hat on here as a former proposal writer. Try to keep same from solicitation through award.

Sterling Whitehead
    Participant

– Right now, I’m communicating in person, on the phone and through email. No Twitter account has yet been set up. I see Twitter operating like broadcasts, serving as a secondary method for communicating to vendors. (Email is still king).

– Not sure about solicitations.

– Twitter documentation is a major concern b/c it’s a public record and it’s necessary for me to record all contact w/ vendors. Printing and saving each separate tweet would be cumbersome for documentation purpose — a better way is needed.

– Not sure about IDIQs.

– Not sure about GSA Schedule procurement — other people in my department tend to handle those.

Sterling Whitehead
    Participant

Let’s do a hypothetical — 3.

Sterling Whitehead
    Participant

Hashtags are a good approach for this Andy. I like the idea. That could work.

Ari Herzog

Unless if you plan to purchase multiple telephone lines and set up multiple email accounts, stick to one Twitter account.

Jaime Gracia
    Participant

Sounds interesting. I would think for 3, hash tags and even Hoot Suite for multiple accounts would be a good way to manage data. Sounds like the biggest issue is how to use it, and what data will be communicated. Will look for updates, as I see great potential in Twitter for procurement information.

Richard Fong
    Participant

HootSuite is the way to go as it has the capability to watch multiple hash tags.

Jaime Vogt
    Participant

Managing them through Hootsuite (free) is a good option, although fair warning— it’s REALLY easy to accidently send a message to the wrong account. Maybe marketing wise it would be good to have just one, so people can see the breadth and depth of your projects.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.