March 22, 2010 at 1:53 pm #95614
The United States Mint is looking for an excellent writer with a strong background in a variety of HR functional areas. As a member of the HR Policy and Oversight Branch, the ideal candidate has exceptional research and analytical skills to develop HR policies and guidance. Required competencies include continual learning, creativity/innovation, written communication, partnering, customer-focus, accountability, and technical HR expertise.
As a senior Human Resources Specialist in the Policy and Oversight Branch, you will:
– Write, develop and implement new and/or revised United States Mint directives, policies, standard operating procedures, guidelines, etc.
– Identify the need for new policies and guidance and evaluate the effectiveness of current policies and guidance to take the lead in preparing HR policy, operating guidance, training materials, etc.
– Systematically gather and analyze valid information in order to recommend program policy and operational changes and improvements. Prepare reports documenting findings and recommendations and develop briefing materials.
– Prepare briefing materials and participate in conducting briefings for senior staff on various HR activities and programs.
– Serve as a Human Resources Advisor and provide authoritative advice and guidance to managers, supervisors, and employees regarding complex human resources policy issues.
– Research information to develop solutions to extremely complicated problems with the potential to impact all employees or the entire human resources program.
– Provide input and guidance for the development of Human Resource special projects and studies.
We invite you to become a member of a premier manufacturing organization – The United States Mint. The men and women of the United States Mint proudly serve the Nation by producing coinage to meet the needs of the United States. We invite you to attempt to become a member of a public service team that, since 1792, has exclusively and efficiently created the highest quality, most beautiful and inspiring American coins and medals. The United States Mint stands for trust, integrity, and dependability. Through our commitment to excellence and continuous improvement, we are building on two centuries of tradition and innovation as the world’s leading national mint. Our dedication to diversity, ethics, mutual respect, and accountability reflects our heritage, our culture, and our ambition to uphold the American people’s pride and confidence in the men and women whom they have entrusted to mint their coins.
We are located in the heart of Washington, DC with offices on 9th and H Street, a few blocks from the Chinatown metro station, and close to shops, museums, and restaurants. In addition to offering a public transit subsidy and being only a few blocks from the metro, we offer free underground parking.
For more information, please click: http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=86889145&JobTitle=Human+Resources+Specialist&q=&jbf574=TRAD&jbf522=&salmin=&salmax=&paygrademin=&paygrademax=&FedEmp=Y&tm=&sort=rv&vw=d&ss=0&brd=3876&FedPub=Y&caller=%2fagency_search.asp&submit1.x=49&submit1.y=15&AVSDM=2010-03-22+00%3a03%3a00
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.