USAJOBS – Redesign coming in January

Home Forums Careers USAJOBS – Redesign coming in January

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Steve Ressler 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Dave Concordia
    Participant

The USAJOBS site redesign is launching on January 23rd.

Check out the link on the home page at http://www.usajobs.gov

Feel free to spread the word.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Any tips on the sneak preview of what we’ll see?

Dave Concordia
    Participant

If you watch the video, we do show some partial screen shots.

Let me say this..

The look of the entire site has changed. It’s dramatic.

We are one month away from launch day. We really want to get the word out that this is coming, and it’s a big and bold change.

There will be more information/previews released in the coming weeks.

I.J
    Participant

I just checked the video out and I am very excited to see what comes next..it is about time!

Karol Taylor
    Participant

The prototype on the video reminds me of Google — lots of white space — sort of a less is more approach. I think it should be less overwhelming than the current site. Hopefully the content will remain and maybe enhanced?

Dave Concordia
    Participant

We’re counting down the days. New site launches in 6 days.

Starting to see more buzz about it.

Here is an interview on Federal News Radio

Federal News Radio

Joshua Salmons
    Participant

Awesome. I’m about to finally begin putting my resume up there. I had been a little hesitant to do so with the old site. It wasn’t bad, just a little intimidating/overwhelming; but still very usable. There are far, far worse government sites out there, even if USAJOBS as it stands is “old”! Looking forward to the changes.

Dave Concordia
    Participant

The changes went live today.

Hope you like them. Good luck in your job search.

I like the new, streamlined look. It reminds me of the Google principle of eliminating clutter and keeping the search basic and simple. Much better!

I understand that the next step is to increase the usability of the site. Only USAJOBS resumes will be used to apply for all Federal jobs. You’ll be able to track the progress of your application with status updates. Also, agencies will be able to data mine for passive applicants instead of just posting vacancy announcements and waiting for applications.

Dave Concordia
    Participant

Thanks!

Yes, we do have more usability enhancements on the way in 2010. We have had application status updates on the site for quite some time, but OMB mandated that all applicants will get status updates, and that has really increased the frequency of updates from the back-end systems that use USAJOBS. We also added a notification process where the site will send you an email when an update happens so that you don’t have to come back to the site to see the change. Also, resume mining has been available on USAJOBS since 2003, it just was never used extensively by the recruiters. Hopefully, that will change too.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Looks pretty good.

What were the major changes? To me, it looks like a more simple UI and options on searching/filtering…

It seems more user friendly to me. Lots of tips on federal resume that are finally easier to find!

Dave Concordia
    Participant

We added some more features this past weekend. The search results (refine) page allows you to pick multiple items (we used to limit you to one).

Also, added multiple “features”.

Still more to come.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Cool…you should use the go.usa.gov URL shortener to shorten links automatically. GSA created it and it’s free. I can do intro if needed

One of the biggest issues with USAJOBS sharing jobs is the link is always so freekin’ long…this would be cool.

Dave Concordia
    Participant

Good idea. I will follow up.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Great…Let me know if need any connections

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Any more updates coming soon? I’m always curious as it’s the #1 site people ask me about

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.