March 7, 2013 at 4:07 pm #177089
User Experience Designer The User Experience Designer will be the authority for all UX work managing all user experience activities, conducting user research, designing and developing user-centered interfaces for our client-facing applications and products. S/he will collaborate with product managers, developers and leadership to innovate, refine and improve user experiences across web and mobile platforms.
GovDelivery places strategic emphasis on user experience and is committed to implementing innovative, superior application interfaces as a core aspect of the company’s growth strategy. This role is at the heart of that strategy.
What you get to do
- Design and develop extraordinary user experiences for our products
- Run on the leading edge of user experience industry standards and trends, web and mobile technologies, digital design best practices and utilize all of them!
- Participate in the definition of business, user, and functional requirements gathering
- Embrace corporate branding styles and design in branding improvement
- Advocate usability and user-centered design best practices
- Bring consistency to a set of products in multiple stages of development
What we want in you
We are looking for a seasoned user experience professional who has honed his or her skills in research, design, and execution over time and through working on a variety of different projects.
We want someone who is passionate about the importance of user experience and user-centered design in the larger product strategy and software development process, and can articulate why UX methods and practices make a difference in product quality, development time, and competitive advantage for our clients.
- Success developing innovative solutions for multiple platforms
- Professional experience in user-centered design and visual design
- Joy (and success) pursuing and mastering emergent technologies
- A love of user experience and an ability to advocate for UX as an organizational priority
- Knowledge of methods for gathering and analyzing UX research data
- Motivation, self-direction, enthusiasm, and passion for user-centered design and user experience
- Master of web standards, design principles, and scalable dynamic web user interfaces
- Proven enthusiasm for developing and testing interactive prototypes
- Degree in HCI (Human-Computer Interaction), graphic/visual design, or related field equivalent work
- Success navigating both tech and non-tech environments with equal facility (e.g. product development, clients, constituents, business)
Compensation The compensation package will be tailored to the candidate commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental plan, and matching 401(k). GovDelivery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.