March 20, 2012 at 5:33 pm #156575
Job Title: IT Specialist – DataMgt/APPSW
U.S. Department of Agriculture Food Safety and Inspection Service
SALARY RANGE: $105,211.00 to $136,771.00 / Per Year
OPEN PERIOD: Monday, March 12, 2012 to Monday, March 26, 2012
SERIES & GRADE: AP-2210-05 (Equivalent to GS-14)
POSITION INFORMATION: Full-time – Permanent
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy in Washington, DC, US
FSIS Information Technology provides around the clock, seven days a week support for all Headquarters and field activities. Employees must participate in an on-call rotation.
The Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) is a public health regulatory agency of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). Our mission is to protect consumers by ensuring that the commercial supply of meat, poultry, and processed egg products is safe, wholesome and correctly labeled and packaged.
This position is located in the Office of Program Evaluation, Enforcement, and Review (OPEER), Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO), Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO), Business Applications Division. OCIO provides information technology planning and design, application development, systems administration, telecommunications, security, information management, and IT customer support services for FSIS.
You will serve as an IT Specialist – Database Administrator and here are just some of your duties and responsibilities:
– Participate in transaction and data warehouse database design and data loading activities.
– Independently or as a member of a project team, maintains legacy reporting and analytics, and is responsible for working with the user community to create new applications.
– Support production activities that include, but are not limited to report scheduling, programming, scripting and assisting internal staff and users.
– Design business objects universes and installs, configures, and administers the Business Objects, SAS and similar analytic and reporting software suites.
– Perform capacity planning and periodic back-ups; analyzes system security; and maintains system documentation.
– Propose data standardization and aggregation routines for the conversion of customer data into usable formats for the FSIS transaction and business intelligence applications.
– Develop and monitors adherence to data standards on format, size, database structure, data element definition, and other metadata.
– Draft policies and procedures based on industry best practices for creating, testing, and implementing changes to the database management system and supporting software for the reporting and analytics applications, which includes
computer security and back-up maintenance for the business intelligence application, data warehouse and related data stores.
– Participate in the design of data mining and data warehousing systems, development of data dictionaries, data models, metadata repositories, and other data management tools.
– Apply skills in designing and developing technical architecture and network topology and develops guidelines for the application of data modeling practices to the data management applications.
For more information and to apply, visit USA Jobs:
Merit Promotion for Status Candidates
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.