February 10, 2010 at 2:55 pm #91842
I would like your assistance in getting the word out within your professional networks. Concurrently, the Volpe Center is sending the notice to colleges and the University Transportation Centers (UTCs).
This program provides a developmental internship to a graduate student on an annual basis. The selectee works side by side with leaders and experts in the transportation field on both technical and policy projects.
The one to two-year program is a vehicle for the Volpe Center to access some of the best and the brightest graduate students in the field of transportation, allowing them to gain experience and make a difference to the future of transportation while working at the Center.
· One-year tuition assistance up to $10,000, based on the course curriculum.
· Competitive salary related to level of education and previous professional experience, based on the Volpe Center Student Employment Qualification Standards.
· Choice of alternating periods of full-time work and academic study or a continuous period of part-time work and academic study.
· Generous, comprehensive Federal benefits package
· Option to renew the internship for a second year without reapplying.
· Potential for permanent employment after graduation.
The intern is supervised by a senior Volpe Center manager. Project assignments are chosen based on the intern’s background and career interests and the Center’s staffing needs. Assignments relate to the greater mission of the United States Department of Transportation: to ensure a safe, efficient, and accessible transportation system that enhances the quality of life of the American people, today and into the future.
Please note: Co-op employees currently in the Student Career Experience Program (SCEP) may also apply for this Internship, which will have no effect on their current appointment.
Please take a few minutes to review more information about the John A. Volpe Transportation Internship Program, including eligibility requirements and the application process at: http://www.volpe.dot.gov/career/intrnshp.html.
Please feel free to contact Eric Falzone, Human Resources Specialist, if you have questions or would like additional information. He can be reached by phone at 617-494-2418, or e-mail, [email protected].
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.