May 15, 2009 at 4:58 pm #72156
Volunteer Internship Opportunity
Congressional Research Service
Office of Technology
The Congressional Research Service (CRS), the public policy research arm of the United States Congress, is currently seeking a volunteer intern for its Office of Technology. CRS is located on Capitol Hill and is a service unit of the Library of Congress.
If selected as an intern this summer, you would be responsible for:
• Researching and documenting topics for major or significant projects using various sources including internet, periodicals, and Gartner Group.
• Preparing documentation packets for meetings including agendas, action items, and related documents; coordinating meetings with internal and external players and stakeholders as directed; taking meeting minutes and tracking status and updates to activities/items using automated systems designated.
• Managing, coordinating, and tracking communication and project-related activities among several internal/external groups. Duties may include scheduling, preparing related documentation, minutes, action items, etc.
• Developing processes and procedures, workflows, and guidance documents
• Inputting tasks, milestones, and deliverables into Microsoft Project or Excel Work Breakdown.
• General filing of paper-based and electronic documents including organizing into directories and folders by subject/topic/other.
• Managing calendars including scheduling meetings and working through the GroupWise system to coordinate meetings. Creating meeting agendas and facilitating the distribution of consistent information to all stakeholders.
• Assisting with correspondence (formatting, production, initial drafting)
• Assisting in the creation and editing of project management and system development life-cycle documentation.
The ideal candidate is enrolled in a Business, Public Administration, Information Technology or Computer Science program (other majors might also be considered). Although the position is unpaid, this is a great opportunity to gain valuable skills while contributing to our mission of supporting an informed national legislature. If interested, please fax cover letter and resume to 202-707-4094 or email both documents to [email protected].
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.