August 3, 2010 at 2:48 pm #107159
Quick link to job:
Ultra Electronics, ProLogic
provides Information Technology (IT) solutions to many government agencies, including the Department of Defense and the Department of Energy. We focus our pursuits on opportunities where integration and innovation are essential to success. Our processes for execution are built around an interest in integrating wherever possible and innovating whenever necessary.
Ultra Electronics, ProLogic is currently seeking a VP of Finance and Operations to
join the senior leadership team in the Manassas, VA location. As a member of the senior leadership team, reporting directly to the President, the VP of Finance and Operations will provide overall direction and guidance to the operational activities of a geographically dispersed organization with the objective of maximizing growth and profitability as well as day-to-day leadership and management to all company operations functions to include: financial consultation, analysis, forecasts and recommendations for critical business decisions.
- Thought leader on the development, recommendation and execution of operational goals
- Manage day-to-day operations by directing and coordinating activities consistent with established strategic growth and profit goals
- Lead the development of the monthly and annual plans (strategic plans, operating plans and business forecasts) to assist the functional management team in making decisions that ensure growth and align with
the company’s strategy.
- Drive annual budgeting with the appropriate amount of analysis and detail to explain variances and strategic direction
- Create dashboards, communication and strategy to improve effectiveness
- Create effective benchmarks to measure key business drivers
- Keep abreast of industry trends, benchmarks and best practices to assist in improving services and reducing costs
- Conduct analysis and due diligence on new initiatives and business opportunities for the assigned functions
- Provide mentoring and guidance to subordinates and other employees
- Must interpret policies, purposes and goals of the organization for subordinates
- Oversee the operations of any outsourced functions
- Provide presentations and support to both the US and UK based management boards
- Masters Degree preferred and/or a minimum 15 years experience in increasing responsible management positions where employee management and leadership skills have been emphasized
- Progressive experience in professional services government contracting industry
- Advanced analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills with the ability to adapt skills to a wide variety of changing analytical situations
- Familiarity with Enterprise Management Systems (Deltek, etc)
- Familiarity with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and related compliance issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have a strong desire to succeed in a very dynamic environment
- Current Security clearance and passport
To apply online please click “Apply Now” or visit:
An Ultra Electronics Business
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.