May 9, 2011 at 6:52 pm #130047
Work for a cutting-edge technology company in a supportive and collaborative environment. iConstituent is a Washington, D.C.-based company that provides congressional offices with sophisticated tools to manage their constituent communications. We have an immediate opening for a Tier 2 Engineer to join our Washington, D.C.-based team. The Tier 2 Engineer will be an integral part of a team supporting iConstituent’s product line for Members of the United States Congress. In a culture that promotes collaboration and creativity, the Tier 2 Engineer will work as part of a tight-knit team in an exciting and fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate has 5+ years of T2 Engineer experience supporting browser-based software (SaaS). This position is full-time, and all work is performed on-site during business hours in our Washington, D.C. facility. The position requires the individual to work as a team player in a casual but professional office environment. The Tier 2 Engineer reports directly to the Helpdesk Manager and interacts directly with the Helpdesk, Systems and Software Development Teams.
DOE. iConstituent offers competitive salaries, 401K, Health, Dental and Vision, Paid Time Off and a casual but professional work environment. iConstituent is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Respond to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems(s)
- Provide first level of support to customers, validate and troubleshoot bugs and issues before assigning them to the appropriate Engineering or IT teams.
- Collaborate with Development, Systems and Helpdesk teams to ensure prompt resolution to customer issues
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve issues via ticketing system, over the phone and email, in a fast paced, challenging and dynamic environment
- Ensure good overall understanding of application, architecture, and other third party services
- Respond to escalated support requests and inquiries to determine if problems are user, software, or hardware related
- Analyze problems/issues/inquiries, assign severity levels, own issues and follow through to resolution
- Perform call backs ensuring issues are resolved in a timely manner and within SLAs, and that ticket information is accurate
- Provide mentoring to other Tier 2 Engineering and Helpdesk Analyst team members and continuous improvement to the Services team and product by providing feedback, grouping common issues and solutions and sharing knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS preferred) in MIS, IS, CIS, CS, Engineering, or other technical discipline REQUIRED
- Vendor certifications (MSCD, MSCE, etc) or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2+ years supporting .NET and/or Java applications
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Tier 2 Engineer
- Minimum 3 years experience in MS SQL Server and Transact SQL, preferably in MS SQL 2008
- Minimum 3 years experience using MS SQL Server Management Studio/Enterprise Manager/Query Analyzer
- Minimum 3 years experience in Web Server configuration using MS IIS Version 6 and above
- Minimum 2 years experience in event log analysis
- Minimum 2 years experience in utilizing server and software monitoring tools
- Experience as a support engineer for a SaaS product (preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of issue and bug tracking/ticketing software (OTRS preferred)
- Knowledge of and experience with Internet/Web (POP3, SMTP, HTTP, SSL, TelNet, etc) technologies
- Strong communication skills, enthusiasm, and a strong desire to succeed
- Must be a team player, able to work independently with minimal supervision and work under tight deadlines
- Strong documentation skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Be open to shifting business hours; shift hours are 11:00 am – 8:00 pm and 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Please send a current resume and a cover letter to [email protected] that includes your salary history as well as your desired salary. In the subject line, please reference “Tier 2 Engineer.” We will review all resumes with cover letters, and contact qualified applicants immediately.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.